100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO's ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Plans, develops, and delivers initiatives and programs to provide awareness, indications, warnings, and operational readiness, for response to crisis events involving fraud, physical and cyber security, and other incidents within scope of the program. Brings together stakeholders (e.g. security, businesses, and corporate function teams) to holistically understand threats and mitigate them. Analyzes cyber, fraud, and physical security information to protect BMO, its customers and partners from security related threats. Responds and reports activities in the event of a crisis/incident, including notification, escalation and coordination of BMO resources to contain threats and help resolve emergencies.
We're here to help
- Develops crisis exercises and training to prepare stakeholders for their responsibilities in mitigating risk during a crisis event.
- Manages the stakeholder training and implementation of crisis management processes, playbooks and tools including case management and reporting.
- Manages the stakeholder training and helps execute appropriate event thresholds and a case management system and processes for effective and efficient management and communication throughout event lifecycles.
- Works closely with the Threat Exercise program to test and prepare crisis management processes and operations for addressing threats and enabling effective response in conjunction with key line of business and corporate stakeholders, at the global, line of business, and regional levels that includes the Crisis Management as well as the Senior Executive Emergency Management Team.
- Implements training in crisis management through Fusion Centre processes & tools, across the Financial Crimes Unit and the enterprise - for lines of business and functions to use to protect staff and mitigate risk during a crisis event.
- Manages the crisis response during crisis situations. Leads analyses, response and reporting activities.
- Provides escalation and coordination of BMO resources to help resolve emergencies involving fraud, physical and cyber security, and other incidents deemed within scope of the program.
- Interacts with and updates Fusion Centre and Financial Crimes Unit leadership during crisis events, and on an as needed basis. Coordinates updates with senior leaders and internal partners during crisis events or as required.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Ensures readiness of the unit to operationally address threats across functions and business lines.
- Ensures stakeholders have required awareness and training in crisis management standards, protocols and best practices and are prepared to execute them.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a security operations or a fusion center.
- Knowledge of following areas: Cybercrime, Extremist Groups and Cyber Terrorists, Hacktivism, Distributed Denial of Service, Advanced Persistent Threats, Malware and Mobile Threats, Emerging Threats, Social Engineering, Insider Threats, Third Party Risks/Threats, Data Leakage Threats, Fraud - Expert.
- Presentation skills - Expert.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing