55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
The mission of the Analytics Centre of Excellence is to use insights and best in class data to better understand what drives the customer experience, ultimately strengthening customer loyalty, increasing profitability, and improving efficiencies as customers continue to expect more of BMO. This role supports this objective by leveraging the use of advanced analytical techniques and tools to reconstruct and maintain tools for measurement of customer profitability.
This role is accountable to support the Personal & Commercial Portfolio with customer and portfolio analytics as well as acting as SME on customer level profit processes, products, transaction and revenue data. The incumbent will play a substantial role in data development, maintenance, and migration of financial models, specifically account-level profit models, used to plan, forecast and measure customer value. The incumbent will ascertain and implement methodology changes with the goal of customer level profit model accuracy improvements used to measure and monitor profitability drivers across customer, channel, and segment dimensions.
Profit Modelling Enhancement & Reporting:
- Work with the data development and management team to facilitate the ongoing development of the profit model and source system infrastructure.
- Help identify performance improvement opportunities through the identification and application of new data sources, tables, or variables.
- Support the migration and work on the development of profit models in CAD for products that are on the product source systems.
- Work with P&C advanced analytic teams to develop analytical solution to quantifying account and customer level contribution margin.
- Support regular reporting and run processes
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of profit drivers and scores through reconciliation against financial statements, cost allocation and funds transfer data as well as product economics data.
- Effectively synthesize results to management and partners across P&C Canada to understand outcomes of analysis
- Maintain database and profitability calculations, managing the monthly production data load and the introduction of new products and transactional data.
Customer/Channel Profit Analytics:
- Support P&C Segment with ad-hoc customer and portfolio analytics along with acting as SME on processes, products and transactional & revenue data.
- Support ongoing analytic requests that aid in the organizations understanding of customer, channel and profitability.
- Establish and maintain both analytical model development and financial performance measurement standards. Ensure that models are updated with key inputs and assumptions.
- Lead the automation of financial performance measurement tools and model deployment processes.
Knowledge & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have some of the following experience and skills:
We're here to help
- University degree in quantitative field (finance, math/statistics degree).
- At least 5-8 years of relevant experience with a major financial institution.
- Strong familiarity with retail banking product economics.
- Strong database querying and analytic tool management experience including SAS, SQL, R, Python.
- Knowledge of activity-based costing principles and a demonstrated history of applying those concepts successfully.
- Ability to independently conceptualise and explain financial ideas.
- Keen business knowledge and understanding of the appropriate ways to use profitability information to support business decisions.
- Strong team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.