55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Audit, Risk & Compliance
We're here to help
What is the opportunity?
The Manager, Credit Strategy and Portfolio Performance, is part of a growing and dynamic team in a collaborative environment that supports Personal Segment of the bank. Personal Segment accounts for 25% of the bank's assets. The incumbent will have high visibility to senior executives and will be a recognized contributor who impacts the client experience and bank's results.
This role would be attractive for people who are keen on data driven decision making approach, and who are interested in making direct business/customer impact through analytical thinking.
What will you do?
- Develops and maintains risk decision-support strategies using analytical solutions to enable high-quality, fact-based decisions for a designated risk portfolio, within Personal Lending segment, e.g., Credit Cards, Line of Credit, etc.
- Leads the development and maintenance of the risk strategy management framework.
- Conducts independent analysis/assessment and propose recommendations to optimize portfolio performance through risk-rewards analysis.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads and integrates the monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the risk decision strategy performance to internal & external stakeholders.
- Supports the planning and execution of the change management process including simulation, validation testing and reporting requirements to evaluate the effectiveness of the new or modified strategies.
- Acts as a trusted adviser to assigned business/group. Works collaboratively with various stakeholders across line of business.
- Responsible for reviewing business initiatives (e.g. marketing campaigns, new product/channel launch) to ensure alignment with the Bank's approved risk appetite.
- Liaise with business stakeholders on change initiatives (e.g. new products, campaigns) and provide effective challenge on aspects pertaining to credit risk with a view to achieving optimal risk-return within the Bank's risk appetite.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of business product strategies and related risk management requirements and legislative/ regulatory directives.
- Works with stakeholders to identify the business requirements, understand the profitability structure, the risk / return assessment and the expected outcomes.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of analytical solutions.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the external environment including regulatory requirements, risk management techniques (i.e. best practices) and a general understanding of competitive offerings. Act upon trends within the marketplace where necessary to ensure the primary mandate is met.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Researches existing or emerging requirements & related best practices to assist and develops recommendations for changes/enhancements.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Represents the decision strategy function during internal/external regulatory audits and/or examinations.
What do you need to succeed?
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth product knowledge for the designated business / portfolio.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management theory, processes and portfolio management reporting techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of modelling & analytics concepts and applications.
- In-depth knowledge of risk systems technology.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- Market/Environmental awareness.
- Financial understanding.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.