250 Yonge Street MANDATE :
Manage and oversee daily operations and system enhancements, effectively check the operational processes are conducted timely and completely. Ensure the exposure metrics are generated timely and reasonably accurate for the downstream systems, e.g. Large Exposure, OSFI Top 100 reporting. Ensure that the CCR capital is in full compliance with regulatory requirement. Identify opportunities for, and lead the enhancement for capital methodologies for quantifying counterparty credit risk capital across all trading products so that the accuracy and reliability of capital and consequent business decisions reliant upon these data are enhanced. ____________________________________________________________________________
- Manage the business processes to ensure proper controls are in place and executed appropriately.
- Review the tool implementation for, and perform, driver analysis for the capital changes based on production operations
- Interpret the regulatory requirement and perform Self-Assessment Process (SAP) to ensure full compliance
- Provide managerial leadership to the senior analysts in the team
- Coordinate business operational processes with internal and external stakeholders
- Translate the business solutions into technical requirement, i.e. write business requirements
- Support the implementation process, and provide seamless communication with technology developers
- Support the creation of the test plan including the test scenarios and sample data to support the testing scenarios
- Identify issues and propose solutions
- Analyze the test result and communicate the result to senior management
- Document procedures, control processes, and policies relevant to internal controls
- Continuously improve understanding of subject matter relating to Counterparty Credit Risk monitoring and Basel III RWA / capital calculations
- Technology & Operations;
- Corporate Risk Management directors and managers;
- Capital Markets Trading Lines of Business
- Credit Portfolio Managers and Account Managers
- External system software vendors
- Model Validation
- Market Risk internal teams - infrastructure, process and governance, etc.
This role has direct or in-direct impact on the following financial measures:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Regulatory capital ;
- Economic and regulatory capital;
- Counterparty credit risk exposure measurements;
Describe the knowledge and skills required for successful performance. Refer to the Role Definition Guide for definitions. Must-Have Skills:
- 3+ years of related work experience in a financial institution
- Strong knowledge with financial products, specifically possessing knowledge of derivatives (OTC) as well as SFT
- Strong Experience working with BASEL III and OSFI CAR Guideline
- Strong Experience with CCR, CCR Capital (CEM, SA-CCR) is a MUST
- Experience on BCAR
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA, SQL, Database Concepts
- Advanced Python programming experience
- Participation in mid-scale/large IT development projects, with hands-on experience in conducting testing
- Strong capability of writing business requirement and test plans
- Strong capability of creating mock-up data required to test the pre-specified cases
- Broad understanding of risk management methodologies
- Experience in using work tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, HPQC) would be an advantage
- Experience in an Agile and fast-paced environment
Educational Requirements/Professional Certifications:
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills with a solution oriented attitude
- Self-motivated and take ownership
- Good self-organization skills including planning, scheduling, managing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function effectively within a team, and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Curios, dynamic, focused, proactive, detail-oriented
- Advanced university degree, preferably in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering.
- CFA, FRM, PRM designation or working towards one of those or similar ones would be an asset
Broader Responsibilities Include:
Provides market risk oversight, monitoring, and reporting for a designated portfolio. Develops and monitors the market risk management framework that includes the governance framework and practices leveraged across BMO to manage market risk. Provides policies and standards, methodologies, and controls to increase transparency, accuracy and consistency across groups. Works with stakeholders to implement the methodology, metrics, and program standards for the assigned portfolio to ensure compliance and effective monitoring, timely reporting and identification of action plans.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Researches existing or emerging requirements & related best practices to assist and develops recommendations for changes/enhancements.
- Assists with the interpretation of new or changing regulations and assessing impacts to the governance frameworks.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Leads the development and maintenance of the governance system and framework.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Represents the risk program / governance structure during internal/external regulatory audits and/or examinations.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Guides/assists in the identification and classification of issues; recommends action plans.
- Leads and integrates the monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the market risk governance program to internal & external stakeholders.
- Leads the management of governance meetings and maintenance of governing body mandates, oversight and approval guidelines.
- May provide specialized support for other internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of ongoing operational programs in support of the market risk framework.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Administers and maintains the market risk monitoring and control program activities in adherence to all policies, procedures and established processes.
- Reviews new business initiatives and monitors existing initiatives to identify potential risk situations/ impacts; makes recommendations or escalates to the manager, as per guidelines.
- Monitors the financial market environment and market risk model performance impacts for optimal execution of risk strategies.
- Independently administers and evaluates models, model assumptions, and key metrics used for the measurement of market risk for adherence to all policies and procedures applicable to the transaction based on established processes; documents and reports results of evaluations on an individual and summary basis.
- Identifies where corrective actions are required and escalates per guidelines; ensures corrective action is taken as necessary.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of the risk framework, including effective challenge.
- Coordinates and participates in the execution of oversight/governance activities including reporting; assessment of education & training needs, development/delivery of training; development and execution of regulatory administration processes & procedures.
- Consults with stakeholders to improve consistency and transparency of risk measurement, metrics and reporting.
- Supports the development and maintenance of the governance system and framework including supporting policy/standard/operating procedures lifecycle management, education and training assessments.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of business and related risk management requirements and legislative/ regulatory directives and guidance.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance; addresses any issues.
- Coordinates and monitors the review and sign-off of regulatory reporting and attestations.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the market risk management practices.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge & experience with risk policy frameworks; quality control / testing frameworks.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
People Manager / GestionnaireWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.