250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting MANDATE :
Manage and oversee daily operations and system enhancements, effectively check the operational processes are conducted timely and completely. Ensure the exposure metrics are generated timely and reasonably accurate for the downstream systems, e.g. Large Exposure, OSFI Top 50 reporting. Ensure that the CCR capital is in full compliance with regulatory requirement. Identify opportunities for, and lead the enhancement for capital methodologies for quantifying counterparty credit risk capital across all trading products so that the accuracy and reliability of capital and consequent business decisions reliant upon these data are enhanced. ____________________________________________________________________________
- Manage the business processes to ensure proper controls are in place and executed appropriately.
- Review the BMA implementation for, and perform, driver analysis for the capital changes based on production operations
- Interpret the regulatory requirement and perform Self-Assessment Process (SAP) to ensure full compliance
- Provide managerial leadership to the senior analysts in the team
- Coordinate business operational processes with internal and external stakeholders
- Translate the business solutions into technical requirement, i.e. write business requirements. Ensure the consolidation and the completeness of the requirement documentation.
- Support the implementation process, and provide seamless communication with technology developers
- Support the creation of the test plan including the test scenarios and sample data to support the testing scenarios
- Identify issues and propose solutions
- Analyze the test result and communicate the result to senior management
- Document procedures, control processes, and policies relevant to internal controls
- Continuously improve understanding of subject matter relating to Counterparty Credit Risk monitoring and Basel III RWA / capital calculations
- Technology & Operations;
- Corporate Risk Management directors and managers;
- Capital Markets Trading Lines of Business
- Credit Portfolio Managers and Account Managers
- External system software vendors
- Model Validation
- Market Risk internal teams - infrastructure, process and governance, etc.
This role has direct or in-direct impact on the following financial measures:
- Regulatory capital ;
- Economic and regulatory capital;
- Counterparty credit risk exposure measurements;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Describe the knowledge and skills required for successful performance. Refer to the Role Definition Guide for definitions. Must-Have Skills:
- 3+ years of related work experience in a financial institution
- Strong knowledge with financial products, specifically possessing knowledge of derivatives (OTC) as well as SFT
- Strong Experience working with BASEL III and OSFI CAR Guideline
- Strong Experience with CCR, CCR Capital (CEM, SA-CCR) is a MUST
- Experience on BCAR
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA, SQL, Database Concepts
- Advanced Python programming experience
- Participation in mid-scale/large IT development projects, with hands-on experience in conducting testing
- Strong capability of writing business requirement and test plans
- Strong capability of creating mock-up data required to test the pre-specified cases
- Broad understanding of risk management methodologies
- Experience in using work tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, HPQC) would be an advantage
- Experience in an Agile and fast-paced environment
Educational Requirements/Professional Certifications:
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills with a solution oriented attitude
- Self-motivated and take ownership
- Good self-organization skills including planning, scheduling, managing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function effectively within a team, and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Curios, dynamic, focused, proactive, detail-oriented
We're here to help
- Advanced university degree, preferably in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering.
- CFA, FRM, PRM designation or working towards one of those or similar ones would be an asset
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.