At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Compliance & Risk Management Group in Business Enablement Services is looking for an experienced Manager - Compliance & Risk Management, to join our growing team.
This role is focused on liaison with Partners and Staff from all lines of service about the application of standards and policies pertaining to personal independence, including those established by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), CPA Code of Professional Conduct (CPA Code), and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The successful candidate will also monitor various other compliance and internal audit activities undertaken to support our system of quality control.
This is a remote position with the ability to work at a KPMG office, if desired. -remote #li-h ybrid
#li-remote What you will do
- Manage the Firm's Direct Admit Partner personal independence pre-clearance process, acting as the department's main point-of-contact for all incoming Direct Admits and their respective Hiring Partners
- Lead a team of analysts, supervise and review respective process activities and provide timely feedback.
- Participate in review of firm's personal independence compliance audit process and monitor compliance with firm and professional independence
- Review and monitor various compliance and internal audit activities undertaken to support our system of quality
- Improve file and process documentation to support internal audit
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and subject matter expertise in Canadian, SEC, PCAOB and IESBA auditor independence
- Provide consultations to KPMG partners and teams across Canada on personal independence and firm policy
- Develop and update Firm policies, processes, and tools, to ensure we continue to comply with KPMG Global and local requirements as well as implement best
- Assist with the development of risk management training
- Promote and demonstrate commitment to audit quality, risk management and independence processes and policies within the
- Assist with preparing technical alerts, guidance, training materials and other deliverables for distribution across the
- Manage projects on an ad hoc and on-going basis and identify process enhancements and improvements.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
- Managerial experience, including experience in overseeing projects independently, and coaching and overseeing the work of others;
- Minimum of five years of client service experience in a large professional services firm working in internal audit, risk management or similar
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation;
- Demonstrated research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills with the ability to apply conceptual framework to new and unique
- Experience in responding to complex inquiries, performing research, analyzing data and identifying potential issues, arriving at conclusions, and documenting results/findings to support conclusions.
- Proficient business writing and communication skills, including an attention to detail and the ability to generate high quality
This position requires written and oral fluency in English. The successful candidate may be required to support or collaborate with English-speaking colleagues or stakeholders while at KPMG. The successful candidate may be required to create, interpret and/or apply policies, practices, laws and and/or regulations during the regular course of their employment. KPMG BC Region Pay Range Information
The expected base salary range for this position is $69,000 to $110,500 and may be eligible for bonus awards. The determination of an applicant's base salary within this range is based on the individual's location, skills & competencies, and unique qualifications. In addition, KPMG offers a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards program. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .
Management and Executive