Requisition ID: 158250
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Expense Planning & Analysis department leads the Bank's expense planning and forecasting process while providing insightful analysis and recommendations for management. The team is also responsble for compensation/benefit planning, accounting, reporting and analysis.
The Manager, Compensation and Benefit Finnace is responsible for managing the planning and analysis of compensation and benefits across the the Bank. This inlcudes, but not limited to, Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), Stock Based Compensation, Pension and Employee Benefit. The incumbent is also closely involved in working with Business Line Finance partners to ensure the integrity of the Bank's global performance based compensation and pension and benefits expenses.
The incumbent is responsible for plan, forecast, and actual results and is expected to apply analytical thinking skills to drive the accuracy of results, analytics and forecasts and pursue new ideas/process to further the enhance the timeliness and efficiency of deliverables. The incumbent is also responsible for the appropriate allocations of these expenses to the business line.
This position has a high level of interaction with various HR teams, Group Treasury, APP, Business Line Finance areas and Taxation. Key Accountabilities:
Experience / Education:
- Manage the valuation, accounting, reporting, analysis and forecasting of global stock based compensation plans across the Bank and communicate to Finance partners to ensure that these updates are accounted for appropriately in their respective business units. Work with Finance partners and HR teams to resolve any monthly acccounting and/or booking issues. Assist HR Total Rewards in implementing any plan changes.
- Advise Group Treasury and Hedge Accounting of outstanding SBC units and work with our partners closely to ensure appropriate levels of hedges are executed and accounted for correctly.
- Manage/Oversee the accounting, reporting, analysis and forecasting the Bank's Canadian AIP programs, centrally managed Canadian Pension and Benefits, including Scotia Pension Plan, post retirement benefit plans, FLEX benefits, ESOP and Global Employee Recognition. Drive the monthly and quarterly accuracy and integrity of accounting results.
- Develop and maintain equitable allocation drivers and methodologies under the mandate of this role. Effectively communicate transparency of these drivers to business lines and address potential issues or feedback as appropriate.
- Lead the quarterly review of global SBC, AIP and Pension Benefits to ensure its accuracy by comparing to prior quarter and pre-quarter end forecasts. Provide concise and meaningful commentary and analysis for inclusion into the All-Bank sections of the Bluebook, MD&A and other external disclosures.
- Actively support the team and the Director by providing analytics and commentary for adhoc requests from senior management (including the CFO) and our business and Finance partners.
- Proactively work with team and the Director in pursuing enhancements that will create efficiencies within our processes and add value and additional insight to our customers and business partners.
- General understanding of accounting principal; familiarity with Stock Based Compensation vehicles and/or derivatives
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and work with a cross-function team
- Desire and ability to challenge existing processes and execute change to better support business partners.
- Ability to manage high volumes of complex information with tight deadlines
- Ability to scrutinize and analyze information and/or data inputs when reviewing financial results and forecasts
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Advanced Excel skills (including experience with pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and ability to design spreadsheets and automate processes
- Strong attention to details.
- University degree in finance, accounting, or business.
- Accounting designation and/or graduate degree in finance/accounting/business would be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
HR, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Bank, Banking, Human Resources, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance Human Resources