Requisition ID: 106339
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Job Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Compliance ("GC") Governance and Strategy by ensuring specific plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the Enterprise Governance and Oversight team's strategies and objectives. Key Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen stakeholder relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Supports Senior Manager - Central Oversight in overseeing a consistent approach to compliance testing program
- Provides support in drafting and revising, as necessary, Global Compliance Testing Standards, Procedures and supporting guidance documents, and communication as necessary to ensure consistency and alignment to the Global Compliance Governance Document Standard
- Provides guidance on development/ maintenance (including exceptions) of Testing Program's frameworks, Standards, Procedures and best practices
- Maintains an oversight on the effectiveness of Compliance pillars by setting standards and processes by performing periodic quality assurance reviews / reasonability checks of the key Standard and Procedure requirements
- Work proactively with the Compliance Transformation team to ensure successful delivery of oversight related projects.
- Assist with the development and delivery of training workshops on Compliance testing to ensure that staff have the required skills to effectively execute the Compliance Testing Plan.
- Display strong understanding of Compliance Testing program and alignment to the Compliance Risk Management framework
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Presentation skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Finance, or relevant Social Science (e.g. Economics)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an assurance role in either risk management, regulatory compliance, or internal audit field
- Self-motivated individual who can demonstrate critical thinking and risk mindset
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, adapt to changes, and workaround roadblocks
- Detail oriented, focusing on quality result
- An individual contributor with a team winning mindset
- An ability to work in a complex global matrix organization
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance