Requisition ID: 109652
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The succesful candidate can be located either in Toronto or Ottawa. Purpose
Oversees adherence to Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) rules. guidelines and bylaws for Retail Product Controls and Regulatory Support in Canada. Incumbent will be ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Key Accountabilities
• Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Project Management: Support various CDIC change initiatives and their implementation including project documentation, testing and reporting.
• Change Management: Assist with the creation and update of CDIC processes. Maintain process repository to align to the proposed CDIC Guidelines.
• Control and Oversight: Create controls and maintain and update control/oversight trackers. Stay up to date on CDIC policy changes and help implement processes and solutions for any changes.
• Issue Resolution: Assist with Issue identification and resolution.
• Data Analysis: Provide data analysis support for various CDIC processes.
• Training: Prepare and conduct communication/training sessions to various business units in regards to CDIC practices, processes and principles.
• Reporting: Assist with the completion of monthly, quarterly and annual CDIC reporting for Executive Leadership, Regulator, Audit and Compliance.
• Relationship Management: Maintain strong relationships with the Canadian Banking business units, applicable Control & Support Functions, Operational Teams and IT resources that support the overall CDIC process.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team. Education and Other Requirements
• Leadership skills and the ability to effectively organize an initiative with high visibility and multiple deliverables with specific and time sensitive deadlines .
• A minimum of 5 years demonstrated success in financial services industry, ideally working within a control, regulatory or project management framework.
• Knowledge of deposit products, banking regulations, financial and operations functions.
• A demonstrated ability to effectively work hands-on as well as with cross - functional teams.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Analytics background an asset.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Law, Manager, Technology, Finance, Legal, Management