You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG has an active presence in the Real Estate industry in Canada. Our Real Estate practice serves public, entrepreneurial, institutional and international clients that own, operate and develop real estate in Canada and abroad. Our diverse client base includes real estate developers, pension fund managers, and REITs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, driven tax professional at the Manager level to join our dynamic and thriving Real Estate practice in Toronto. You will gain exposure to a variety of medium to large private and public companies and build relationships with our network of KPMG tax professionals across Canada.
As an integral member of our Real Estate team, you will work closely with KPMG Partners to provide to tax compliance as well as a vast array of advisory services, including structuring of large scale development projects (including mixed-use developments and joint ventures), launching of real estate funds, as well as evaluating strategies for acquisitions and divestitures. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Work closely with our Partners to lead client engagements, and advise clients on planning opportunities, tax strategies, and compliance issues.
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential and create a learning environment through leadership.
- Manage a team that provides superior consultative tax advice to help our clients achieve tax savings.
- Work with the team on business development opportunities.
Keys to your success:
- 4+ years of experience in a public accounting firm, of which at least 2 years in Tax.
- Real Estate experience would be considered an asset.
- Completion of Level II of the In-Depth Tax program or Masters of Tax program.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to clearly explain complex tax and business issues to clients.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
- Ability to research and write utilizing electronic tax tools.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and executing on client engagements while acting as a trusted business advisor.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
#LI-NJ1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org