Requisition ID: 126922
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose:
The Manager, Business Economics is accountable for driving strategic analysis to support business strategies for the Day to Day Banking portfolios. The incumbent will deliver strategic and tactical knowledge to facilitate the execution of strategies that will enable profitable growth of Deposit customer base, increase customer engagement and optimize margins of acquisition and engagement campaigns. They will work with multiple stakeholders and partners within and outside Scotiabank to develop optimal strategies based on excellent analytical, database marketing, people management, communication and relationship management skills. Accountabilities: Accountability 1 - Analytics and Business case
• Collaborate with Retail Deposits, Channel and Customer Growth teams to profitably grow customer base. Proactively provide strategic analysis and business casing that will assist the business to optimize new & existing accounts and product mix from various channels, optimize opportunity to acquire non-Scotiabank customers
• Work closely with marketing team to develop analytical and segmentation strategies that enhance Deposit customer engagement initiatives while optimizing budgets as well as margins. Collaborate with Retail Marketing and Customer decisioning teams to implement and fulfill campaigns while ensuring seamless customer experience.
• Collaborate with Campaign Design, Products, and Retail Marketing teams to support optimal acquisition and customer migration initiatives driven through centralized campaign execution engine.
• Work closely with segmentation/modeling experts within or outside Scotiabank to create new and effective ways of targeting customers in order to maximize efficiency of acquisition campaign strategies.
• Continuously acquire and enhance knowledge of business/product strategies, competitive practices, market insights and other policies, technical processes and advanced analytical tools/methodologies in order to best provide business solutions to all key constituents
• Effectively manage and prioritize multiple business initiatives, projects and ad-hoc analysis with business stakeholders and/or external partners/consultants. Accountability 2 - Measurement and Reporting
• Lead the creation of ongoing measurement of acquisition/engagement campaign strategies relative to the pro-forma/plan. Provide actionable insights and recommendations to incumbent's manager and other stakeholders on an ongoing basis in order to maximize business results and enable the creation of an ongoing learning loop.
• Develop pro-forma for acquisition/engagement campaign initiatives working closely with multiple stakeholders at Scotiabank.
• Identification of portfolio trends and key statistics using advanced analytics; Effective and timely communication of strategic and operational results to the business teams;
• Provide business support to all areas of Day to Day banking portfolio including Business development, Product, Acquisition and Analytics. Work with Finance and Business Strategy teams to report results to Senior Management as well as provide outlook/projectionRequirements & Qualifications:
- 4+ years related experience in Analytics, Marketing or Finance
- 4+ years analytical experience required including statistical analysis
- Must be proficient in using SAS/SQL/ Python/R and Hadoop platforms for data analysis
- Proficient in the use of excel and building complex financial models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential with clients, vendors and management
- Strong prioritizing, planning, analytical, presentation, project management, people management and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of retail deposits (Chequing, Savings, Term Deposits) is a strong asset.
- 2+ years experience in Banking Industry
- 2+ years experience in Marketing or Campaign Analytics
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or Statistics
- MBA (Finance or Marketing)/CFA or Master in Analytics - preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Statistics, Finance, Technology, Engineering, Data
Banking, Finance and Insurance