250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO's ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
Provides support to an assigned business/group regarding Business Continuity and Problem/Event/Recovery Management Frameworks. Includes enhancing processes and protocols and providing subject matter expertise and guidance to mitigate risk. Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Business Continuity Planning (BCP) Projects and Recovery Capabilities for the designated jurisdiction and business/group. Works with designated groups to ensure critical processes are in place in the event of a significant business interruption. Ensures Business Continuity Planning/Event Management compliance with internal/external regulatory policies and guidelines and provides frequent and consistent status reporting.
- Provides guidance for mid-sized to large enterprise-wide BCM initiatives and event management incidents.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Leads the development, maintenance and management of the LOB Incident Management and Recovery Process.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Represents business/group on jurisdictional / enterprise response, recovery and status team in the event of a business interruption incident.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Manages databases and provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Ensures quarterly reporting deliverables and participates in the presentation of results and trend reporting for management review.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Initiates and manages the event status monitoring and reporting.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Manages BCP/Event Management/Disaster Recovery programs.
- Supports the implementation of the Business Continuity, Problem/Event/Recovery Management Frameworks for designated businesses/groups.
- Provides guidance & support to senior leaders on the development of Business Continuity, Problem/Event/Recovery plans.
- Coordinates the implementation and facilitation of BCP solutions, including developing & maintaining business continuity documents.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and management of the business/group Problem Event Management and Recovery Process.
- Works with internal stakeholders to manage the business continuity plan review, training and testing requirements.
- Supports the business/group with business continuity impact assessments.
- Coordinates the responses of the affected business units as required by the business/group event management team.
- Ensures communication between business units and the business/group event management team.
- Ensures that all business continuity plans, and testing conform to industry regulations and requirements.
- Works with technology support groups to ensure all internally and externally hosted applications that are required to support the individual business in the event of a significant business interruption have been identified and are tested in accordance with standards.
- Keeps abreast of business continuity planning industry standards and best practices as well as regulatory trends as well as Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industry certification in BCP or CP is considered an asset.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing