55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
Drives change management plans and activities from initiation to implementation & sustainment to achieve desired business results. Engages leaders, stakeholders and other impacted audiences in the change to create an engaged workforce who understands the change & what it means for customers and employees. Understands a variety of business dimensions that must be considered in the implementation of change (products, people, processes, channels), and associated risks that must be interpreted, evaluated and mitigated. Drives overall business results by ensuring that change is understood, accepted and sustained.
We're here to help
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Leads the change strategy planning process combining subject matter expertise and organizational knowledge to implement successful change.
- Analyzes the scope of change to determine people, process, financial, technology, risks & other impacts.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of change; evaluates the change environment to understand complexity and impact of change to develop a program that meets required objectives.
- Applies change management methodology and general management skills and knowledge to plan, organize and execute change management in a variety of project sizes.
- Collaborates with internal/external stakeholders to provide business context in the design, development and implementation of change. Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Develops change management solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Develops change strategy that enables leaders to promote the change and execute the change; ensures stakeholders to want to make the change.
- Builds and executes communications plans to drive awareness and understanding, including analyzing audiences, developing key messages and identifying the right channel, frequency and sender.
- Identifies resistance to the change and builds required plans to overcome objectives through communications and training in order to implement and sustain the change.
- Monitors and tracks adoption of the change, and addresses any issues. Implements any corrective actions required and celebrates successes.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle - In-depth.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing