111576 Cost Centre:
Derivatives Trading Struct Produc - GWRT Employee Referral Program - Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. Purpose
Leads and oversees the reporting team of FXO Technology in Canada with global reach ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Works with the team and other stakeholders to ensure the complete, accurate and timely reporting of trades and trade related data to downstreams.
- Ensures that the team implements all work using robust, sustainable best practices, in line with Bank and department standards.
- Works with the management to team and stakeholders to ensure that priorities are correctly established in line with the goals of the Bank and the department.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Part of a larger reporting team, with 2-5 direct reports
- Reporting for FX Options desks in New York and Singapore (other desks may be added)
- Multiple downstreams, including confirmations, regulatory, risk, product control and others
- 5+ yrs experience in the financial industry, preferably in trading, derivatives or FX
- 5+ yrs experience with SQL and RDBMS reporting
- 2+ yrs experience supervising or managing staff
- Experience with Murex trading platform data mart strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests and goals in a dynamic environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Manager, Law, Finance, Technology, Management, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance