The Department of Professional Practice (DPP) develops firm standards and guidance relating to accounting, auditing, securities and audit quality matters; and works to ensure engagement teams have the tools and support needed to comply with regulatory and professional standards in the performance of quality audits.
The Audit Quality group within the Department of Professional Practice is looking for a highly organized, dynamic professional to join our growing team as Manager, System of Quality Management. This role will primarily focus on the execution and monitoring of firm level controls that will evolve our existing policies and procedures into a proactive approach for managing quality. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Project management activities related to the implementation of ISQM 1 controls;
- Support the business units and DPP partners in executing controls;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of firm level controls operated by groups other than DPP;
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on audit quality issues identified through regulatory reviews, QPR and other monitoring programs and activities of the firm;
- Collaborate with others in DPP and Risk Management in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term remedial actions;
- Other ad hoc projects or duties as assigned.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- CPA designation
- 4+ years of experience testing internal controls in a large professional services firm or similar environment
- Strong project management, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to apply concepts to new and unique situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to generate high quality deliverables.
- Reliable and dependable, and ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build professional relationships.
- Respect for the sensitivity of information received and dedication maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience working with Excel and a keen interest in data analytics.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com