Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness. Are you someone with the relentless energy to drive and push yourself further? We are looking for you!What will your typical day look like?
As an Audit manager you will have the opportunity to provide value added consultative solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions while managing the overall planning, pricing and execution of audit engagements. You will also plan and lead teams while mentoring and coaching them to their highest potential and assist in the recruitment and training of junior practitioners. As we progress towards IFRS 17, you will be involved in assessing our clients' policy papers through to auditing clients' IFRS 17 implementation and go live.About the team
Deloitte's Assurance services deliver advanced-level insights across all industries - this uniquely positions us to understand the challenges and opportunities facing our clients' businesses. At Deloitte, we accompany our clients at every step of their business journey, from their day-to-day to when the unexpected occurs. We ensure that our professional team is knowledgeable about their industry to identify business issues during our engagements to bring to our clients' attention. We help clients design the proper response and assist, where possible, with the implementation. Since we've "been there before", our business expertise brings clients peace of mind.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Experience in either the life insurance or general (property & casualty) insurance industry
- Must have CPA designation or equivalency
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience: Using IFRS, and working with publicly listed clients. US GAAP and PCAOB would be preferred.
- Able to work under deadline pressures and being agile, adaptable to changes and strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Skilled in or interested in skilling up in IFRS 17
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production