Title: Manager, AML Quality Assurance and Testing
Requisition ID: 92225
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose:
Contributes to the overall success of the International Corporate and Commercial Unit specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The incumbent will conduct the Quality Assurance (QA) Testing reviews, to test Sanctions, AML/ATF and KYC controls, report Quality Assurance reviews and metrics, collaborate to define action plans and ensure compliance, and assist in the recommendation for the AML QA program Sustainment.
The incumbent will test the execution of the effectiveness of the KYC/AML policy of the Bank of Nova Scotia ("Scotiabank" or the "Bank") and that anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing (collectively "AML") controls are being followed in the International Corporate and Commercial units across IB jurisdictions.
The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing corrective actions are in place to correct control deficiencies. Accountabilities: Conduct AML Quality Assurance Testing:
Report Quality Assurance Program Metrics:
- Follows the policies and procedures that have been designed and developed for the Quality Assurance and testing program for ICCB, including the compliance of Know your Client, Sanctions, and Transaction monitoring.
- Responsible for the Corporate and Commercial banking QA project management ensuring control tools are followed according to AML Risk requirements.
- Conducts the testing of the QA schedule that covers the scope of the controls prescribed by this policy as it applies to the Business line or Operational Unit covered by the QA function.
- Executes sampling plan based on past trends, volume, last review scope and overall controls.
- Prepares reports on the status of progress against schedule.
- Operationalizes the QA program materials (templates, schedules, procedures, and reporting formats for results and findings) and follows the appropriate workflow.
Assist in the Sustainment of the AML Program:
- Responsible for writing the AML preliminary findings report after performing QA Testing with sample testing results and establishing the score accordingly.
- Follows up and ensures that all identified issues get closed according to the proposed action plan.
- Responsible for retaining documentation in support of the executed QA activities.
- Delivers on a (daily, weekly, monthly, or as required basis) metrics and reports required/defined by the AML Risk Quality Assurance Team or other units based on the QA testing results.
- Delivers reports of findings and progress of corrections against the proposed action plans to Senior Manager QA.
- Assist in assessing Quality Assurance results and validate ongoing corrective activities in order to determine when issues identified are systematic and develop appropriate action plans, as necessary.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Identifies opportunities to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and risk mitigation and recommends enhancements to the process, including controls, follow-up and escalation process.
- Promotes a risk-awareness culture; ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Works with AML/ATF personnel and Business Line representatives in-country to assist in the development of training, where appropriate, based on corrective actions.
- Maintains abreast of trends and industry best practices through review of regulations and guidance issued by various regulatory agencies and publications.
- Act as a liaison with internal audit and external examiners as required in describing the control environment and scope of Quality Assurance and testing reviews.
- Work together with the AML Quality Assurance Governance Team to support activities, projects and initiatives required for the sustainment of the program.
• Fluent in English is required. Fluent in Spanish is an asset.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of 2 years' testing or audit experience in a regulatory, compliance, or quality assurance capacity within a financial institution setting.
• Prior experience in examinations/auditing roles, and an understanding of testing methodology and risk and controls analysis.
• Proven ability to stablish credibility and effectively influence others.
• Manage different stakeholders from different cultures and disciplines.
• Superior negotiation skills to build consensus and obtain cooperation.
• Efficient and well organized, with sound judgement and strong communication skills.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Results focused and self-driven, with ability to deliver under pressure.
• An understanding of compliance and testing best practices.
• Familiarity with the key products offered in the division and related AML/ATF and sanctions functions.
• Strong understanding of the Global and local country AML/regulatory landscape.
• Working knowledge of issue management closure.
• Ability to manage multiple testing reviews and projects across countries.
• Working knowledge of Excel, including data analysis.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, QA, QA Tester, Quality, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance