Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Model Development
Implement valuation model requirements arising from the transition to the IFRS17 Accounting Standard. The Manager will be responsible for the transformation of the AXIS valuation model used by the Corporate Actuarial L&H team to fit IFRS17 specifications. Calculations outside of AXIS will need to be reviewed for appropriateness under IFRS17. As the owner of the AXIS model, the modelling of new business requirements and ad hoc changes will also fall under the purview of this role. The Manager will work with and communicate changes to the Production and IFRS17 Project teams.
The Manager will be responsible for testing model outputs from AXIS and AXIS Link, as well as managing all inputs required for the SAS Solution for IFRS17. Changes to models should be tested for accuracy with financial impacts communicated to business partners. Responsibilities also include validating balance sheet entries and P&L results for insurance contracts with Finance and Accounting partners. Database Management and Controls
The Manager will maintain inforce extracts and policy movement tables necessary for IFRS17 valuation. They will communicate requirements to the IT and Data Analytics teams to ensure policy and transactional data is accurate and optimized for these purposes. The Manager will design controls to ensure data is tested and appropriate for valuation, with clear documentation of all processes.
This position is an independent contributor role with no direct reports. Applicants not meeting all requirements may be considered for this role as a Senior Analyst.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IFRS17 and Special Projects.Job Description
- Model Development:
- Communicate with Corporate Actuarial colleagues to understand modelling requirements;
- Perform AXIS coding to model new IFRS17 requirements;
- Improve existing models for accuracy and efficiency;
- Quantify the impacts of modelling changes in terms of reserve and capital; and,
- Validate model results for accuracy and reasonability;
- Data Management:
- Review and ensure data inputs are appropriate for IFRS17 modelling needs;
- Work with technology and data teams to ensure extracts are accurate and all IFRS17 requirements have been implemented;
- Optimize the flow of data from source extract to AXIS valuation input;
- Establish controls for the use of data in actuarial modelling and finance reporting; and,
- Ensure proper documentation exists for data processes.
Qualifications and Education Guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. French is an asset.
- Expertise with technical language and concepts.
- Proficient in communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Analytical Skills:
- Has strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Produces high quality work.
- Proficient with Moody's AXIS software, including AXIS Link.
- Demonstrated strength with Excel, MS Access and other database or analytical software.
- Knowledge of SAS Solution for IFRS17 is an asset.
- Work Management:
- Projects a professional image and acts accordingly.
- Has effective and developed organizational ability.
- Takes responsibility for projects and executes plans in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines during periods of stress.
- Professional Guidelines:
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, or other quantitative area of study.
- Working towards Fellowship with the Society of Actuaries and Canadian Institute of Actuaries.
- Minimum 5 years of Life & Health Insurance actuarial experience.
- Minimum 2 years of IFRS17 AXIS modelling experience.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance