Permanent Primary Location:
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Kitchener Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems. Build a network of colleagues for life. Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Our Accounting Operations Advisory team offers an in-depth, investigative approach to modernizing Finance functions. We help our clients across all industries assess and enhance quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance people, process, infrastructure, and internal controls. Are you a leader that is passionate about making a difference for our clients and our people? Take a look at this exciting position! What will your typical day look like?
You will review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects, contribute to business development, review client deliverables prepared by junior staff and develop staff skillsets related to Technical Knowledge, Communication skills, Leadership and Project Management, have opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally, contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice, develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel, and mentor and develop teams of advisory resources. About the team
Our Accounting Operations Advisory team focuses on enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include Finance Operating Model Optimization, CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Healthchecks / Diagnostics, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools). Enough about us, let's talk about you
- CPA, CA designation or equivalent and possess 5 -7 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a finance role or providing assurance, consulting & advisory services to finance functions
- Experience in financial management disciplines; financial process design, budgeting & planning, financial reporting, financial performance management, business case development
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations & team leadership
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas considered an asset: Process Redesign, Corporate Strategy, Shared Services, Finance Automation & Controller Applications, Business Intelligence & analytics
- Broad advisory skillset
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Strong technical skills and experience with accounting processes, internal controls, risk assessments, IFRS, ASPE, Public Sector Accounting Standards
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production