Reference ID: 833159
Maintenance associate is responsible for working with the members in his/her department to ensure the maintenance areas are clear of debris, looks organized, and is safe at all times. The incumbent will assist with special requests from management on facilities and equipment issues, including but not limited to general cleaning, loading bales, hanging signs, moving furniture, painting, assisting with special functions, and equipment repairs. Maintenance mechanic will also provide timely support to all associates by ensuring that MHE batteries are maintained, inspected and changed as necessary. Other responsibilities include conducting inspections as assigned and reporting problems with the compactors, MHE, conveyor, racking, doors, docks, lights and any damaged equipment.
• Completes tasks as required to maintain equipment, forklift batteries etc.
• Assists in keeping the facility clean of debris and ensures the facility is in good condition by inspecting, reporting and/or maintaining lighting, washrooms, docks, overhead doors and other facility equipment required to ensure the facility is in proper order to support the goals of the building
• Completes all paperwork and documentation required thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner. Exercises care in avoiding errors and rework and pays attention to detail
• Accurately enters appropriate data into the computer system, as required. Maintains paperwork in an organized fashion for easy retrieval and reference. Ensure productivity targets are being met
• Maintains safe environment for associates and visitors. Keeps all work areas clean, neat and organized. Identifies security risks and takes appropriate corrective measures.
Required Skills & Experience
• Experience working in a Maintenance department of distribution center or similar environment
• Grade 12 or equivalent is required
• Valid maintenance certification is an asset
• Experience on MHE repairs will be considered an asset
• Required to perform material handling duties lifting up to 50 lbs independently
• Good knowledge of computer applications: Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) is an asset
• Proven ability to work well under pressure; strong attention to detail; and strong trouble-shooting skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both in verbally and in writing
• Must work well individually and within a team
• High School Diploma or related field required
Burnaby, BC based Best Buy Canada Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 100 company Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY) and is one of Canada's largest and most successful retailers. With more than 12,000 employees across the country, Best Buy Canada Ltd. ( www.bestbuy.ca ) provides an unique and distinct in-store and online consumer offerings, tailored to meet a diverse range of needs. We pride ourselves as being one of the best employers in the country. We offer a competitive benefits package and our employees enjoy great amenities at our facility such as in-house restaurant facilities, free parking and more.
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019