Requisition ID: 106922
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Position Summary:
The Lynx Officer is a subject matter expert in payments operations and is considered the expert in ensuring timely and accurate management of the day-to-day activities of Canadian Dollar payments. The Lynx Officer has both the internal operational knowledge and the industry knowledge, remains current on changes in the industry, and can determine and manage the impact on the Bank's internal system and process flows.
Shift hours are 10:30 am-07:00 pm, this position relocates to 2201 Eglinton Avenue E Scarborough in approximately 1 year.
A time-sensitive work environment can create stress as clearing deadlines approach. The incumbent may be required to make high-risk credit decisions late in the day when Credit and /or Compliance are unavailable. Key Accountabilities:
• Manage payments queued in Lynx (reprioritize or re-sequence)
• Manage payments diarized in Lynx (reprioritize, re-sequence, or release)
• Review and release any payments diarized due to possible duplication
• Remove any queued or diarized payments upon request from AML or due to cancellation requests
• Coordinate with Global Cash Management to inject liquidity for time-critical or urgent payments
• Coordinate with Global Cash Management if the bilateral limit of any Financial Institution needs to be increased in Lynx
• Address any inquiries from Cash Management or other stakeholders
• Monitor the Lynx dashboard and advise the case manager of any exceptions
• Monitor Lynx CAD wire volume in BESS utilizing the appropriate BESS queues
• Reconcile the Lynx position with BESS position at End of Day
• Support the MTO Payment operations during Lynx Contingency scenarios
• Support Audit requirements related to Lynx
• Represent Scotiabank at the Lynx Working Group Member
• Participate in Lynx testing
• Create Web Client Payments in Lynx if Swift or BESS connectivity is down
• Coordinate with Global Systems Operations Centre (GSOC) if Lynx operational status is not online and active during the operating schedule
• Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Ensuring, personally or through delegation, that all Canadian Dollar payment instructions and wire messages are processed in an efficient, accurate manner, and required deadlines are met by:
- Ensuring that payments are executed in compliance with LYNX rules in Canada
- Ensuring there is no adverse impact on the overall Canadian Dollar Cash position of the Bank.
- Increasing and/or improving quality control by taking the necessary actions to eliminate and/or reduce errors.
- Ensuring payments conform with Bank's Policy and procedures.
- Protecting the Bank's assets from loss and reputation from impairment.
- Completing tasks related to Payments Data Quality
• Ensuring that the recommended and corrective measures related to the Departments' routine operations as identified by Executive Office Audit Officers and the IBD's Internal Audit Department are affected. Assist with the implementation, monitoring and review of new systems and procedural changes to ensure successful completion
• Provide a high standard of courteous, efficient customer service by:
- acquiring and maintaining a working knowledge of other departmental procedures/policies that impact on the department and ultimately the scope of service provided to customers.
- Ensuring prompt attention to correspondence, ensuring conformity to Bank Standards.
- Assisting other operating units with solutions to unusual or difficult situations involving customers or banks, maintaining both efficiency and customer goodwill.
• Ensuring that the recommended and corrective measures related to the Departments' routine operations as identified by Executive Office Audit Officers and the IBD's Internal Audit Department are affected. Assist with the implementation, monitoring and review of new systems and procedural changes to ensure successful completion.
• Adhere to HR Policies and Procedures.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment. Education/Skills:
- University or College Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of work-related experience, preferably in Financial Services
- Positive approach to change and personal development
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage multiple activities to aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic business environment
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills to ensure cooperative working relationships with team members, colleagues, and partners
- Industry knowledge/working background
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, CAD, Developer, Drafting, Finance, Technology, Engineering
Banking, Finance and Insurance