Are you passionate in learning and design and looking to work with an organization where you can really make an impact in contributing to employee professional development and the overall culture?
Swim Recruiting is excited to be working in partnership with Concert Properties on a newly created Learning, Design Specialist opportunity. This is unique in that it is newly created as they are building out their L&D and learning to support employee’s professional development needs. This will start as an 18-month contract but have a high probability of going permanent.
Concert Properties is a fantastic employer that values employee experience and for this reason has won employer of choice awards 3 years running! They are a team-oriented culture with long tenured employees while also entrepreneurial and evolving always trying to improve with new tools with very high engagement.
This role will be key in carrying out needs assessment to support employees and leaders in the organization. Partnering with the business this role will be setting the learning strategy and developing various online or/in person development. This may be leadership development oriented, management 101 oriented or more technical in nature to support the usage of new systems and tools or business specific. We are looking for someone that is versatile, entrepreneurial and would be excited to work in a varied role with truly a great team!More about Concert:
Concert Properties- Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $9 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. At Concert their success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. In this role, you will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities.
The Learning, Design Specialist
will be a key member of the HR team contributing to learning and development within People Experience at Concert. Reporting to the Director, Business Analysis & Change, we are seeking a motivated team player who will design and develop instructional material and programs and contribute to an overall learning and development strategy at Concert.
Working alongside a current consultant this role will have the ability to build out various areas of learning & development for the organization. This will include providing resources and training to support the adoption and usage of new systems, business specific training, leadership development training and the ongoing development of training curriculum and facilitation based on the needs of the business.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a strong sense of ownership. You’re effective at managing multiple projects at once, very detail-oriented and organized, like to be busy and productive and enjoy working with the business while having a track record of being adaptable in a fluid, high-growth environment.Key Responsibilities:Training - Program Design & Development
Learning Systems and Tools
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to conduct, analyze, and present results from ongoing training needs assessments for HR Learning and Development (employee onboarding) as well as Application Learning and Development (projects)
- On Application Learning and Development (projects), work effectively with core projects areas (i.e. Project Managers, Learning Team, Business Leads) to communicate and plan accordingly the activities required to deliver instructional programs.
- Utilize instructional design principles and adult learning theories to create effective learning experiences, while remaining adaptable to the unique needs of various projects and teams.
- Design, develop, and deliver ongoing training needs assessment programs for employee onboarding, project implementation, and project post Go Live.
Facilitate Training, Learning & Development Programs
- Maximize use of existing tools and technologies. Prepare and manage training delivery platform(s) and maximize the potential of existing systems.
- Design, develop, and deliver engaging and interactive instructional materials, which include instructor-led training, job aids, eLearning modules, and other supporting materials.
- Design, develop, and deliver data collection models to measure effectiveness of training programs. Summarize, present, and provide recommendations to refresh or improve the user training experience.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices in instructional design and adult learning. Recommend new tools and technologies for analysis and consideration.
- Facilitate dynamic classroom and virtual training, utilizing adult learning principles and various mediums (e.g. presentations, workshops, small group exercises, role plays, etc.) to effectively ensure transfer of learning.
- Create and deliver train-the-trainer programs and support technical SMEs in facilitation and training.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with the business to support quality learning and development experiences.
- Coordinate presentations, presenters, activities, equipment, supplies, and other necessary items.
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and high level of personal accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating sound judgement and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, work effectively and build trust with Operations, the business and within the HR department.
- Strong business acumen, to provide credible, professional, and value-added services to management and employees.
- Aptitude for attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Self-driven with a high degree of follow through and bias towards action.
- The ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Efficiency in planning and organizing work, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Qualifications- Required Knowledge & Skills
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Bachelor's degree in instructional design, HR, technology, communications, organizational development, or related field.
- You have 2 years minimum experience in learning and development, instructional design, writing effective technical documentation, and adoption of new technology or change.
- You enjoy creating engaging and innovative training experiences, would be excited to make an impact on an organization and contribute to their people and culture by leveraging their existing tools and people to reach their full potential.
- You can communicate well, both written and verbally, in English.
- You can multitask with ease and deliver in tight deadlines.
- Experience with LMS platforms such as Dayforce and Yardi Aspire would be an asset but not required.
Vancouver or Toronto based in a hybrid work model.How Much:
This position will be hired as an 18 month contract role with potential to grow and will be eligible for extended health benefits, vacation, base salary and bonus. Competitive compensation will be offered with an ideal range of $70,000-85,000 plus 5% bonus. There may be slight flexibility in this range for the right candidate. When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this fantastic opportunity, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW'
to send us your resume. Thank you!