Lean Process Engineer
Reference ID: 833367
The Lean Process Engineer is responsible for working with cross functional stakeholders in the distribution center and the service center on process optimization initiatives including implementation of process methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5s. Participate in business process transformation initiatives aimed at enhancing business process optimization.
• Lead, deploy or coordinate process improvement initiatives and projects aimed at optimizing new and existing business processes.
• Recommend and identify potential improvement opportunities across functional areas.
• Deploy measurement systems and metrics where to quantify implemented improvements.
• Work closely with members of the Lean team to leverage available competencies in assigned projects.
• Assist functional stakeholders in standardizing SOPs, implementing compliance audits and rolling-out process methodologies.
• Ensure that assigned projects are completed on time and meet/exceed stakeholder expectations.
• Engage and work with key stakeholders across service as required to ensure project success.
• Work successfully with cross-functional teams in rolling out process improvement initiatives across multiple operational areas.
• Coach/mentor other associates on process improvement methodologies such as 5s, Lean, Six Sigma etc.
• Partake in Six Sigma, Lean, Project Management training etc., as sanctioned by the Lean Manager or Best Buy leadership.
• Perform other duties or projects as assigned or required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & SKILLS
• 2-year Diploma, Business Administration or operations Research
• 3-4-year Bachelor Degree, Engineering
• Six Sigma, Green Belt/Black Belt Certification
• 3-5 years' Experience working in an operations environment such as manufacturing or warehouse
• 2+ years Continuous Improvement Experience
Best Buy Canada is one of the largest Omni-channel retailers of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products, related accessories, and services in Canada.
Our 1,000,000-square-foot Brampton Distribution Service Centre services 94 Best Buy stores, 30 Best Buy Mobile, 10 Express, & Ecommerce across Eastern Canada. Divided into two sides Geek Squad City and Services -- we move inventory between our vendors and stores, and repair products we carry in store. With over 322 Associates, 50 Lane Sortation System, and 120 pieces of machinery, our Brampton DSC is well-equipped to process all inventory for Eastern Canada.
Located in Brampton, Ontario our Distribution Service Centre boasts an unbeatable atmosphere with two on-site cafeteria stocked with video game consoles, a foosball table, pin-pong table, and various vending machines. Nearby, there are popular restaurants, a mall, banks, and grocery stores, putting you in a hub of activity.
Best Buy Canada Ltd. operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY). Best Buy Enterprise is a multinational retailer of technology, entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are a truly global company with approximately 140,000 employees across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The Best Buy family of brands and partnerships collectively generates billions of dollars in annual revenue and includes brands such as Best Buy; Best Buy Mobile; Geek Squad, Magnolia Audio Video; and Pacific Sales.
Posted: November 18, 2018
Closes: January 17, 2019