Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Experience and Design
TD's Experience and Design team prides itself on creating industry-leading experiences used by millions of people on a regular basis. At TD, our mission is to design experiences that seamlessly integrate with our customer's lives. The foundation of our design practice is a deep understanding of the customer. We know that the best way to improve a design is to observe people experiencing it. As a member of the team, you'll be working closely with the best design research team in the industry to unearth unmet and unarticulated customer needs. Job Description
The Experience Strategy and Design team has several design leadership positions available. As a design leader at TD, you're a true expert in your field, and are comfortable in a variety of disciplines - information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and product innovation.
You're a hands-on leader with deep experience in mobile app or responsive design. You're a great story teller who is at ease presenting and discussing your work with clients and stakeholders. You challenge old ways of thinking and put the customer at the center of everything you do. Design thinking and User-Centred Design methodologies are second nature to you.
If this sounds like you and you're interested in leading and inspiring a team of top design talent creating industry-leading experiences across all customer touchpoints - both digital and physical - then we want to hear from you. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate teams to deliver quality user experiences
- Create innovative experiences to address unmet customer needs
- Ensure high quality design, deliverables and assets
- Provide direction to the design team
- Manage and administer design projects
- Influence and inspire multidisciplinary and cross functional teams
- Build strong relationships with business, marketing and technical stakeholders
- Identify, manage and mitigate UX risk
- Lead design reviews and critiques
- Educate business partners on the benefits of User-centred Design and Design Thinking
- Apply TD's experience design and brand standards
- A degree in design or a design-related discipline (industrial design, user-centred design, visual design, design strategy, design management, human factors, psychology, human-computer interaction, etc.)
- A passion for great design and an eagerness to mentor and develop creative talent
- 7-10 years of design experience, with a minimum of 3 years leading a design team
- 4 years responsive design experience
- Strong knowledge of product and service design
- Ability to articulate design approaches and rationales to colleagues and stakeholders
- Willingness to collaborate
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Conceptual ideation and visualization skills
- Proficiency at problem solving in a collaborative environment
- Versatility and flexibility
- Highly proficient in UX-related software packages (e.g. Axure, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a range of conceptual and UX design abilities
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.