Requisition ID: 107101
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Lead Technical Business Analyst is responsible for leading delivery efforts for the project team within the Global Wealth Asset Management Solutions area. This role requires an understanding of our core Investment Management front office platform - Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS). Major Accountabilities:
- Guide and collaborate with team members to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the specific Asset Management business line (1832AM, SAMJ, Trinidad, etc.), by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of systems solutions. This will involve requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
- Participate in the delivery process by defining business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, creating user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Provide direction, recommendations or validations, and coaching on solutions and overall delivery to business problems. This involves building the vision of future-state workflows, breakdown of work to facilitate team delivery, coaching team members throughout delivery, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from team members, Product Owner(s), end-users and management.
- Provide business support, including new and existing products, ad hoc queries, user training, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements. This includes responsibility for ensuring that leadership is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the business line's strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Front and/or Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
- Collaborate and contribute to the team's success through participation in daily stand-up, refinement meetings, retrospectives, demos, ad hoc meetings, and ideas for continuous improvements.
- Break ground in new functional areas and demonstrate an ability to comprehend and disseminate knowledge to the team. This also includes others being able to learn from provided examples and leveraging expertise to deliver.
- 4 - 6 years of practical IT experience in the relevant projects/lines of business is highly desirable (Asset & Investment Management, Capital Markets, Investment Accounting, Securities trading, Portfolio Management, etc.)
- The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
- The incumbent must also possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
- The incumbent must have advanced knowledge of financial instruments, including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, current and anticipated regulatory requirements
- The incumbent must be adept at understanding Front Office processes (trading, order management, risk, compliance, performance) and the end-to-end workflows and integration with Middle and Back Offices in one or more financial asset classes (e.g. fixed income, foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer engineering, business, Information sciences or other related field
- Industry recognized certifications/charters will be an asset (CFA/CPA/etc.)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering
Banking, Finance and Insurance