Permanent Reference code
: 105904 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Calgary; VancouverOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coachingWhat will your typical day look like?
The Lead IT Cloud Developer will be a part of our Global Cloud Services in our Deloitte Global Technology stream. In this role, the Lead IT Cloud Developer will be involved in the design and development of enterprise applications and APIs based on public cloud solutions. Provide direction and end-to-end delivery of cloud-native applications/services, which help with the strategic vision for scaling and growth. Lead technical direction of public cloud projects to address business needs, and lead these projects to successful implementation. Collaborate with customers and partner teams to address specific cloud security and compliance challenges. Improve existing processes and/or develop new processes to improve efficiency where needed. Lead the interaction and coordination among several different groups within the product development lifecycle including Operations, Development, QA, Support, and business teams. Possess in-depth knowledge and cross-functional understanding in the areas of Public Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud), compliance standards and certifications related to cloud computing (ISO, SOC, CIS, NIST, etc), automation and scripting (PowerShell, bash, Jscript, VB.NET, Ruby, Python, Perl), data center infrastructure (network, storage, server hardware), virtualization technologies, IT process automation and orchestration tools, secure software development lifecycle, Windows/Unix server administration, and web services (REST, SOAP). Perform a combination of supervisory duties over work staff. Participates and leads the Agile Scrum process for prioritizing tasks, planning work and delivering acceptable features on-time and under budget.
Other Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities:
About the team
- Focus on providing research, development and implementation of applications/integrations built using cloud-native services and the infrastructure required to host them.
- Design and implement Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to support provisioning of cloud infrastructure, automate compliance policy scanning, and support a more consistent/predictable/secure delivery of cloud services.
- Coordinate requirements gathering, solution design sessions, implementation plans and Proofs of Concepts.
- Perform deep technical analysis for product features and determines technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in an efficient systems design.
- Develop business cases showing proposed value of solutions and estimated return on investment, followed by regular collection of metrics to demonstrate cost/time savings.
- Partner with ITS business representatives and business leaders to understand business drivers and critical needs. Ensures alignment between the business strategies and application technology roadmap while advising and consulting leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation requirements.
- Continue pursuit of knowledge of automation tools, configuration management tools, and infrastructure management tools through seminars, webinars, technical publications, and product evaluations.
- Responsible for architecting, implementing, maintaining and upgrading software and tools.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain a cost effective, long-term IT automation strategy and roadmap promoting reusable components, low maintenance costs, high efficiency and scalability.
Deloitte Technology works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, we are looking for someone with the following background:
Our shared values
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline; Minimum of 5 years of related experience in technology leadership on large enterprise projects around application architecture and/or infrastructure architecture.
- Advanced proficiency with Public Cloud (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud);
- Intermediate proficiency in server, software and network troubleshooting; Windows Server administration; Linux/Unix administration; with database operations and queries (e.g. MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Mysql, MongoDB); with datacenter infrastructure (DNS, LDAP, email relays, etc);with virtualization (Hyper-V,VMWare,Openstack); with configuration management and DevOps tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, VSTS, Jenkins);
- Public Cloud certifications considered an asset (Azure or AWS)
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by (insert date)
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Cloud, Developer, Engineer, Equity, Consulting, Technology, Engineering, Finance
Apply now "