Our clients are unique and their digital banking experience should be one-of-a-kind.At RBC Digital, we want our clients to feel empowered when they interact with us. We're investing in technologies and data insights to evolve as our clients do. We've joined our product, design and technology teams to collaborate to deliver an innovative personalized user experience. Being a part of our Digital Team means you'll join a culture of creativity, curiosity, and continuous learning.We're envisioning the future of banking and building the core platforms to support it. The RBC Digital Technology team is focused on understanding our client's needs to deliver scalable automated solutions. Our technologists design, develop and support the services we own. We're building a team who is not afraid to challenge the status quo; embraces innovation; and excited to bring a fresh perspective. We've set out to simplify our client's interactions by building a unified platform, custom tailored to our client's needs.What is the opportunity?We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Full Stack Developer to join our team. Our team is designed to deliver products throughout the client's journey, not projects; each squad is setup for agility and continuous delivery, and then empowered with the autonomy to chart their own course to success. As an engineer you will work as part of a small, autonomous, agile team to deliver both internal and external applications; built on a modern hybrid cloud platform using the latest micro-services architecture. We believe in the power of working together, you'll get to work with your peers, business partners and RBC's tech community and you'll have the opportunity to grow and expand your capabilities. Join our team today and magnify your impact influencing the future of banking on a global scale.What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- You will be creating new services and customer-facing applications using the latest technologies which will shape the future of banking for RBC
- Collaborate with other developers on the team to model and design new API interfaces.
- Develop and support highly scalable, high performance APIs within an Agile development team
- Ensure high code quality through automated unit and functional testing
- Automate processes within the development pipeline; identify opportunities for efficiency gains and reducing time-to-market, and enabling continuous delivery
- Design and develop code structures to promote reusability across many applications
- Work within an Agile product team comprised of technical, product and business team members to deliver exceptional products.
- Lead and mentor other developers to elevate the entire team's skillset and mindset. Coach others on the team and practice peer-programming.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field with equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years experience with Java 8+ and Spring Framework (Spring Boot) and/or nodeJS
- 2+ years experience developing distributed cloud applications (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Openshift, Docker)
- Hands on experience designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting RESTful API and interface specifications (Swagger, RAML, SOAP)
- Experience working with DevOps pipelines (Git, Maven, Jenkins), continuous integration/delivery, automated testing (unit, functional, performance)
- Working knowledge of web-based application architectures and frameworks (including Angular or React) and the way it integrates with services.
What's in it for you? We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, refactoring, clean code.
- Experience working with Kafka, MySQL, Non-relational databases, Caching and
- Experience in BDD and TDD methodologies
- Working experience in one or more of:
- algorithm design and optimization
- large-scale systems
- parallel or distributed systems
- RDBMS and/or modern scale-out repositories (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience building message driven architectures (Kafka)
- Micro-service design and implementation (load balancing, discovery, resiliency)
Join our Talent CommunityStay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, fair compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who help your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs About RBC
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.For more information, please visit rbc.com. Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign upand get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request. JOB SUMMARY City: Toronto
Address: 88 Queens Quay
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 06/30/2021
Req ID: 322039 Ad Code(s):