100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Customer Solutions MANDATE
Reporting directly to the Head of Alternatives, ESG and Innovation, the successful candidate will help build and shape the commercial elements of the ESG strategy across all pillars of BMO Wealth management. Responsibilities span areas where investment products are manufactured and where and how they are distributed including the associated investor experience.
The successful candidate will be an excellent written and verbal communicator who is able to create energy and capabilities that will ultimately help our retail and institutional clients embed their values in how they invest, and elevate BMO's commitment to ESG to drive competitive advantage. The preferred candidate will be an experienced, highly motivated self-starter with proven success building and leading commercial capabilities - ideally during the growth phase. They will bring a knowledge of ESG topics and Wealth Management (including how products are bought and sold), and ideally an understanding of Alternatives and technology. The successful candidate will help organize and participate in relevant conference panels, act as a subject matter expert and represent BMO in a variety of contexts including in meetings with distribution teams and key investor clients. The working environment and key activities will be dynamic - we are aiming for a startup feel, where the candidate will have a chance to influence every part of the client journey - product design, technology, user experience, marketing, sales.
Primary responsibilities are (1) sharpen and communicate our investable ESG value proposition, taking a leadership role in key internal and external conferences (2) help key partners understand how to communicate the benefits of our ESG product lineup including sales training, product and pilot launches (e.g., BMO Private Wealth advisors, external advisors) (3) work closely with various parties, notably the Responsible Investing ("RI") team to shape our ESG product and investor experience agenda (4) work closely with the Alternatives team to design bespoke private markets products (5) serve as a key interface with the ESG-focused centers of excellence across BMO. _______________________________________________________________________________
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY A. Commercial StrategyB. Business Development C. Relationship ManagementD. Risk Management & Compliance ACCOUNTABILITIES A . Commercial Strategy
B. Business Development
- Sharpen and communicate our ESG value proposition across all Wealth channels, gathering feedback from key partners
- Identify emerging seams of investor demand to inform product design and marketing efforts
- Partner with the RI and Climate Institute teams to ensure that our leading ideas are matched with investable opportunities (e.g., an investor who likes our point of view knows how to invest accordingly)
- Take a leadership role in the commercial function of key internal and external conferences, including helping to ensure that our marketing and idea leadership is focused on the highest impact uses
- Work closely with distribution channels (e.g., digital, advice) to ensure they are embedding compelling ESG-focused experiences in their customer journeys
C. Relationship Management
- Primary coverage of key internal and external distribution partners, with close coordination with internal and external product partners
- Maintain regular dialogue with external and internal partners via presentations and individual meetings to Relationship Management teams, side by side client / prospect meetings
- Partner with GAM National Accounts group to accelerate product approvals and support across all major dealers nationally
- Develop product expertise to facilitate detailed communication of BMO opportunities to sophisticated investor audiences
- Accountable to achieve defined sales goals / targets (e.g., ESG-themed product market share, sales of ESG-themed products)
D. Risk Management & Compliance
- Proven commercial success and proven ability to build client relationships.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective business development activities to expand market share by developing and utilizing an extensive network of referral resources.
- Perform customer service and account maintenance duties for established partner firms.
- Mentor and educate supporting team members to increase knowledge base.
- Maintain the highest fiduciary duty when representing and acting in our clients' interests.
- Continuously pursue and identify potential risk within our business and processes.
- Create a culture that continuously looks to mitigate operational risk.
To deliver on these accountabilities, the incumbent must have the following authorities:
- Advisory - Provides advice and counsel to colleagues on proposed client experience strategies based on strategic directions of the company.
- Monitoring - Has the authority to collect or be provided with required information from others when reviewing and reporting on business updates for senior management.
- Issue Resolution - Resolve a diverse range of related issues/situations/problems within project scope and escalate to senior management when required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 8+ years of financial services sales experience
- In depth knowledge of ESG investment products
- Demonstrated experience leading a business development effort in a multi-layered context (e.g., training a sales team)
- Post secondary education or equivalent in Business, Finance or a related field
- Wealth management credentials preferred (e.g., CFA, CAIA, CIM)
We're here to help
- Relationship Management (In-depth)
- Sales & Service (In-depth)
- Business Acumen (In-depth)
- Conflict Management & Resolution (Working)
- Environmental Understanding (In-depth)
- Negotiation (In-depth)
- Problem Solving (In-depth)
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support