Join us at First Student Canada as Lead Driver! We are looking for a Lead Driver for our Wawa, ON Location - Apply with us today! We provide all necessary PPE and Social Distancing measures in place! Job Purpose:
Reporting into the Location Manager, this role serves as primary communication liaison with contracted customer and school district. Assist drivers with day to day operations. Troubleshoots and assists location management as needed to improve service and make recommendations for appropriate changes. May provide backup driver duties and minor repairs as required.Responsibilities:
- Receive bus routes from school board, monitoring design of routes for safety considerations.
- Assist drivers by giving directions for pick-up and drop-off.
- Communicate with location manager to solve rerouting problems or scheduling concerns.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Working closely and communicating effectively with Dispatch and Location Management
- Offsite route inspections may also be required
- Previous bus driving, dispatch or general clerical experience in the school bus business
- Maintaining control and management of passenger sensitive information.
- Appropriate vehicle licenses.
- Commitment to training to attain B License.
- Strong familiarity with roads and geography of local community and understanding of routing procedures.
- Proficiency with map reading skills.
- Good customer service communication skills.
- Past experience in Pupil Transportation an asset
- Ability to work early morning and late afternoon hours, must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Basic mechanical knowledge of school buses an asset.
First Student's commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you'll love. Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Maintenance and Technicians