The Lead Application Software Developer is accountable for leading projects through the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business (LOBs) strategies.
• Writes code according to accepted standards based on user requirements, which are included in the delivery of the application solution, to meet the business need • Leads in the planning, estimating, development, testing and implementation of initiatives of any size and any level of complexity to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the application. The resulting artifacts will be used to better understand, communicate, and provide specifications during the coding and Quality Assurance activities
• Leads/participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments, when appropriate, to provide a developer's perspective in the meetings and to contribute to the timely delivery, design, and quality of various work artifacts adhering to standards, such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Provides coaching and guidance to team members and/or may act as a team/project lead in order to foster professional development of the Application Software Development staff. This helps improve overall effectiveness by sharing and adopting best practices and lessons learned, while minimizing risk
• Leads process and application improvement opportunities to improve the reliability and extensibility of the application and to improve the overall Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Liaises with third party vendors, when appropriate, to ensure that the integration of third party products and existing applications and systems is practical and feasible given the underlining technologies
• Collaborates with Development Technology Services (DTS) in the requirements definition and analysis and to select development, testing, and implementation tools for the Application Software Development staff
• Leads/participates in software development Process Action Teams and contributes to the continuous improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes for the overall effectiveness of the development.
• 4 years degree in computer science • Proven experience in building enterprise application framework We're here to help
• 8 years of experience in Core Java, Collections Framework, Concurrent Programming, Experience with Spring framework, Spring boot, multi-threading, testing frameworks including Junit
• 5 years of experience in Oracle/PostrgeSQL
• Knowledge on any MPP database is highly preferred
• 5 years of software development experience in JEE platform
• Excellent knowledge of building server-side RESTful applications
• Strong knowledge in Jasper reports
• Strong knowledge in developing Micro-services
• Good understanding on DevOps Tools
• Strong working experience in Message (IBM MQ/Kafka)
• Strong understanding on the Sun Solaris, Unix and windows OS
• Capital market knowledge is must
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.