4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
Technology About the team
Data and Analytics ( DnA ) Engineering supports BMO's Digital-First, risk, regulatory and compliance requirements by providing enterprise-scale solutions using data, analytics, and technology capabilities. As a central organization, DnA collaborates with groups across the bank such as Finance, Risk, AML, FCU, HR, Marketing, Wealth, Capital Markets, Personal and Business Banking, Global Asset Management, etc. on various data initiatives. We deliver hundreds of data transformation initiatives every year to help our partners solve problems and make smarter data-driven decisions.
We are a very diverse organization with plenty of exciting opportunities to apply your unique skills to solve complex business problems. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and learn from others as DnA is on a transformational journey to modernize our platforms and capabilities toward a best-in-class, cloud-based data warehousing environment. If you love data, complex challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and opportunities to learn, then this is the team you want to be in. What will you do
- Lead in the planning, design, development, testing, implementation , documentation, and support of data pipelines for analytical or operational use
- Monitor and track project timelines for development related work
- Ensure project requirements (functional and non-functional) are met
- Provide direction on technical designs an d ensure alignment with standards and roadmaps
- Partner with business stakeholders and data scientists in translating business requirements to data provisioning solutions
What do you need to succeed? Must have
- Accelerate development by b uild ing frameworks , automation scripts , and reusable code
- Strengthen development capability via mentoring, knowledge sharing, and building communities of practice
- Stay abreast of industry technical and business trends
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and IT education and/or certification(s)
- 5+ years of ETL/ELT development
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of SQL , NoSQL, Python, Scala
- Expertise in statistical data analysis ( e.g. univariate/bivariate analysis) and data quality assessment
- Experience with SSIS, Spark, cloud computing services ( e.g. AWS), Hadoop, Netezza
- Familiarity with structured and non-structured datastore technologies
- Comprehension of predictive analytics and AI/ML
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
Nice to have
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple work streams concurrently
We're here to help
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.