Requisition ID: 107718
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The IT Risk Data & Analytics Team plays a critical role in the management of technology related risks by identifying, collecting and reporting on IT Governance and Risk related data, utilizing modern analysis techniques and data visualization tools. The role:
The BI Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration of those systems with other applications. They design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. The data they provide helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience and business results. Some of the key accountabilities include:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Lead small to medium sized BI projects including collecting and documenting user requirements; translating user requirements to visual prototypes, and solution and data architecture documentation; development of data ingestion solution and data visualizations in the form of dashboards, spreadsheet extracts and reports; planning and execution of unit and user testing, using testing and uat environments and testing datasets;
- Build End to end BI solutions utilizing a variety of industry tools, Author report specifications from documented requirements or through discussion with end users, Develop Data ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) scripts as required to acquire or transpose data from other systems or databases into report databases and maintain databases as required to support reporting and reporting environments;
- Translates raw data into insights by quickly grasping the concepts in a dataset or database; understanding relationships in the data; running complex sql queries to summarize or transform data; using statistical analysis to find data quality issues;
- Provide day-to-day support of production BI applications that support IT&S executives on the strategy planning and decision-making process; Conduct ETL, SQL and DB performance tuning, troubleshooting, support, and capacity estimation to ensure highest data quality standards with the business and technical SME's.
- 10+ years of experience working on BI projects with the Microsoft BI stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS); Strong proficiency in SQL, database modeling and BI / Data warehousing concepts;
- 5+ years of experience working with data visualization tools like Power BI (preferred) or Tableau;
- Experience working with Agile methods and tools: git, Jira, Confluence, etc;
- Nice to have: Experience with data ingestion automation tools and technologies. i.e. automated data ingestion using Python scripts and frameworks or vba and excel spreadsheets;
- Nice to have: Experience with open source data integration platforms like Airflow, NiFi, Prefect;
- Nice to have: Experience storing, manipulating and integrating NoSQL data to BI reporting;
- Nice to have: Experience with IT Governance concepts; COBIT or ITIL certification;
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Intelligence, Bank, Banking, Developer, Statistics, Technology, Finance, Data