At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As an International Corporate Tax Specialist, you will work closely with our senior leaders to analyze issues and meet our clients' expectations. As a member of the tax engagement team, you excel at meeting the international tax planning needs of clients. This position provides a fascinating opportunity to work on a wide range of tax assignments requiring analysis, valuation and quantification. Special projects and research will keep you abreast of tax practices What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Work closely with other team members on a range of international tax advisory projects involving Canadian multinational corporations operating abroad and foreign companies investing into Canada.
- Prepare detailed documents and communications for clients, including technical memos and client-specific advice letters.
- Provide assistance to senior staff through support in research, development, implementation, project strategy and other international tax initiatives for specific clients.
- Help develop and implement general tax planning strategies.
- Work on income tax returns, T1134 forms, FAPI computations, and surplus calculations.
- The successful candidate's main responsibilities in their first year will be international corporate tax compliance and research.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a public accounting firm or is in process of obtaining or has recently obtained a CPA designation or MTax degree.
- Interest in developing strong tax technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player, dedication and strong work effort, and demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Proven ability to interact with co-workers, management and clients alike in a manner that is respectful, patient, and understanding.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the client's business and maintain strong client relationships.
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .