WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms with over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transportation networks to finding new ways to extract essential resources to develop renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments by protecting and conserving natural landscapes, creating firm foundations for communities to stand on, and championing sustainable development to combat climate change. The Opportunity
You'll be part of our growing team, using your skills as a Junior (or Intermediate) Geotechnical Technician/Technologist to support our design team in Sudbury. You will have an opportunity to work on low to high complexity Geotechnical Engineering projects, with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary transportation infrastructure design assignments across Ontario.
You will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from geotechnical, mine waste, and environmental engineers, and more. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Participating and contributing to a team environment
- Promoting strong workplace health and safety practices;
- Planning, co-ordinating and supervising geotechnical field investigations including borehole drilling, test pitting, and well installations.
- Reviewing soil samples and performing various geotechnical laboratory tests.
- Supervising geotechnical related construction activities including subgrade reviews, compaction test, and concrete testing, requiring occasional physical work.
- Preparing daily technical reports including field logs and construction inspection logs.
- Liaising with WSP's geotechnical engineers, pavement engineers, mine waste engineers, and more.
- You must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Have an Ontario Driver's License, a clean Driver's Abstract, and access to a vehicle.
- A college diploma in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering. Previous technical work experience is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize evolving project requirements for multiple on-going projects.
- Ability to travel across Ontario for extended periods (i.e., typically 10 day to 14 day rotations).
- A desire to experience what it's like to work for the leading geotechnical and environmental consulting firm and be part of a growing and thriving team.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in variable outside weather conditions.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians