Maxar Technologies Ltd. (formerly MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.) is a leading global provider of advanced space technology solutions for commercial and government markets including satellites, Earth imagery, geospatial data and analytics. As a trusted partner, Maxar Technologies provides unmatched end-to-end advanced systems capabilities and integrated solutions expertise to help our customers anticipate and address their most complex mission critical challenges with confidence. With more than 6,500 employees in 21 locations, the Maxar Technologies portfolio of commercial space brands includes SSL, MDA, DigitalGlobe and Radiant Solutions. Every day, millions of people rely on Maxar Technologies to communicate, share information and data, and deliver insights that empower a better world. Maxar trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange as MAXR. For more information visit www.maxar.com .
For more than three decades, human space flight has been supported by advanced robotics developed by MDA. We have combined complex robotics with control software to develop the Space Shuttle' s Canadarm and the Mobile Servicing System for the International Space Station. Leveraging our expertise in robotic technology and space-borne sensing systems, MDA is developing sophisticated systems for on-orbit servicing of satellites and planetary missions to explore the Moon and Mars.
On Earth we are taking our experience in space robotics into new areas of advanced robotics for nuclear, medical, industrial, and mining applications. We invite you to visit our website at www.mdacorporation.com. Primary Activities
MDA is currently seeking 2 Junior Engineers/MTS to support the Software Engineering Department in a variety of tasks which include software development and testing for Space/Medical/Industrial Robotic arms and GUI development for Command and Control Workstations. In addition, the candidate will assist with research and development of future space vision systems, robotics systems, LIDARs and autonomous control.
The successful applicant should have the following skills:
- Strong C++/C, Ada and Java skills.
- Working knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
- Real Time embedded systems such as Tornado II and VxWorks OS, RTOS
- Various communication interfaces such as TCP/IP, PCI, 1553, I2C, RS232, RS422, EtherCat, CANOpen and Analog/Digital interfaces
- Target Hardware including single board computers such as PPC750, 8051 based micro controllers, Arm and x86 processors
- GUI development using .NET, NetBeans/Java
- Scripting languages such as LUA, Python or Perl
- Development environments in either Windows or Unix
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and organization skills
- Strong human relations skills
- Dedication to meet project deadlines
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive thinker
Interested candidates should have a degree in Software / Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline. Strong ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as a member of a team is vital. verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position. All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.