Horton Automatics of Ontario is a business unit of Horton Automatics, an Overhead Door Corporation company. Horton Automatics of Ontario offers installation and maintenance of the doors manufactured by Horton Automatics (commercial sliders, optical turnstyles, revolving doors, swinging / folding doors, etc.) Position Function:
The Jr. Estimator position will have the responsibility of pricing jobs daily and working closely with the sales team. The position will act as inside sales support which will include other day to day duties that align with the estimating department.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read construction documents, specifications and associated trades for job estimating.
- Ability to gather pricing information for the purposes of generating cost/sell pricing.
- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Prepare estimates for all products
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Understand scope of work to bid
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Ability to evaluate the needs of customer and convey them in direct sales situations.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills, good judgment, and the ability to achieve consistent high levels of results.