2465 Argentia Road
Job Family Group:
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
As a Business Systems Analyst you will work within an agile team that will design, develop and test IVR applications on our new platform within Genesys PEC in AWS. Your Key Accountabilities:
- Interacting with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Decomposes business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and Nuance Application Studio
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommends / decides on appropriate designs
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
- Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets, use the enterprise monitoring/logging, require minimal to zero maintenance and are aligned with architectural patterns and technology strategy
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, aligns with architecture and promotes the development of common assets.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years of work experience in IT and 2+ years in programming in the Contact Centre domain
- B.Sc./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Familiarity with Nuance Application Studio
- Familiarity with Genesys software packages (Genesys Inbound, Routing, Reporting & Outbound)
- Experience with agile and agile tools (Confluence and JIRA)
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes
- Understands functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices
We're here to help
- Java VXML IVR development
- Experience working with Nuance NDF
- Experience with Nuance Dialog modules
- Experience with Nuance Speech Recognition grammar development
- Experience with Cyara Pulse and Velocity tools
- Knowledge of IVR tuning/grammar fixes
- Genesys routing design
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.