Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD IT Operations
is home to a team of highly-valued professionals recognized for both their customer-service mindsets and dedication to seamless 24-7 running of our infrastructure technologies. They also manage what we call the implementation and delivery life cycle for IT components across the various technology groups. Component installation, maintenance and decommissioning, operational or help desk support, system performance, capacity and availability monitoring, migration, emerging technology assessment, implementation, release management and deployment support - you name it.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description About This Role
We are looking for someone who will act in a lead capacity and provide expert advice on operational system, applications planning, performance, availability, integration, support, and release/deployment management.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Support applications and systems by meeting or exceeding standards and service levels while minimizing operational risk.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to improve production environment stability.
- Leads the support of highly complex and comprehensive applications and systems and/or business lines.
- Identifies root causes and implements targeted and controlled remediation plans.
- Reviews, participates, and implements procedures.
- Provide quality service and solutions consistent with objectives and client requirements.
- Effectively handle incident management for outages.
- Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution.
- Dive into design, review, and integration of all application requirements like functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations.
- Identify, address application/ data issues, cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect application integrity.
- Provide expertise to other functional areas (technology, trends and processes).
- Follow change management procedures. ensure proper testing, sign-off, monitoring.
- Monitor system life cycles, ensure specifications and functionality support business. objectives and architecture decisions.
- Use meaningful metrics to monitor environment's performance.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning (Define, Review, Test).
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Nice to have Skills
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Hands on experience with Java distributed solutions.
- Experience with SOAP Web Services, RESTful APIs, JSON, XML and SQL.
- Experience with JBoss WebSphere, agile
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases (Oracle and SQL server) and can write complex performant SQL queries.
- Knowledge of Linux - filesystem, scripting, security.
- Familiar with Cloud and API technologies (blueprints and application cloud deployments; basic active-active, active-passive model)
- Familiar with job scheduling software AutoSys or similar technologies is an asset
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA and Service Now is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in teams with minimal supervision
- Understanding of ITIL Incident & Change management process
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Detailed oriented, strong analytical, organization and problem-solving skills
- On-call pager support required
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Experience with / Knowledge of Guidewire based products
- Previous experience of working in a Level 3 support assignment
- Previous experience of working with Splunk, Dynatrace & DataDog
- Familiarity with AWS and MS Azure
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.