WSP wishes to be a leader in the quality of IT service offered to its users by offering them a varied but unified support structure consisting of a remote help desk, tech bars, a self-service portal, and several on-site technicians whose main mission is to respond to IT needs that require a physical presence in the various locations of the company. This position is made for those who like to be on the field and constantly in the heat of the action!Responsibilities:
What sets you apart:
- Respond to IT incidents and requests at your main office and during visits to offices in the region where you are located.
- If necessary, transfer requests and incidents to a more specialized level of support.
- Identify and document recurring problems and make recommendations for corrective measures, as well as participate in their implementation when possible.
- Collaborate with the various administrators and analysts (server, network, security, etc.) to ensure the resolution of complex incidents and the maintenance of infrastructure equipment.
- Develop collaborative relationships with office managers to better understand their IT challenges and work with your IT leader to address these needs as effectively as possible.
- Participate in office deployment, relocation and renovation projects.
- Monitor, report and contribute to the resolution of problems related to shared IT services (audio/video, printers, Wifi, cabling, networking, etc.).
- Occasional preparation and replacement of computer workstations when the local group responsible for the preparation of this equipment cannot respond within the required time.
- Maintain the inventory of IT assets in the CMDB rigorously.
- If necessary, help resolve IT incidents remotely.
- Participate in computer performance testing, report and documentation.
- Guide and train the users on best practices whenever possible and needed.
- Develop collaborative relationships with end users to personalize and improve the service.
- Lead IT induction sessions with a group of new employees to explain where they can find support resources and how to use our systems.
- Maintain and improve the IT work desk, stockroom, etc.
- Contribute to the documentation of IT incident resolution processes.
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies and planning for the future needs of IT services.
- Other assigned tasks.
- Degree or certificate in computer science or other computer-related discipline (asset).
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a level 2 support technician.
- Your physical attendance at the office is required during weekdays.
- A+, Network Plus or Help Desk Institute certification (asset).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and common office tools/software (asset).
- Knowledge of ServiceNow (asset).
- Knowledge of ITIL processes (asset).
- A very strong desire to serve and help users.
- A marked interest and a great curiosity towards information technologies.
- Able to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Know how to manage priorities and customer expectations.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.