Location: Toronto, Canada
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales provides world-leading Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) and interlocking for mass rail transit applications globally. The Centre of Competence for Urban Rail Signalling is located right before you at mid-town Toronto. As the largest office in Canada, we house a department for every step of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)! This includes Software, Hardware, Systems Design, Verification & Validation, Operations, etc. The supporting corporate shared services teams in Finance, Human Resources and IT is also located at the office. Our office space was designed to provide a sustainable, healthy workplace that expresses TRSS's brand while increasing collaboration. Features include Greenguard furniture, EnergyStar appliances, low-emitting adhesives, sealants, and sliding glass doors on internal offices provide daylight and views to the outside. Come join the big Transport family, here in Toronto!Job Posting Title:
IT Infrastructure EngineerSummary:
- Responsible for the successful delivery of infrastructure services to Thales North America.
- Responsible for ensuring all production servers and system resources are at their optimal levels for performance and availability through proactive management of the environment and if required instigate appropriate action to maintain these service levels.
- Champion service restoration through proper prioritization and escalation to appropriate 3rd party vendor and or internal Tier 3 support groups.
- Provide 7/24 On-Call support for infrastructure related service incidents and follow internal management escalation procedures when necessary (team rotation).
- Infrastructure support including: VMWare hypervisors, Windows and Linux servers, Active Directory
- Ensure that all systems meet Thales security standards and escalate violations through appropriate internal processes.
- Define and review Operation Acceptance Tests and procedures and facilitate migration of the new / modified server and network based services into the production environment.
- Develop and conduct skills transfer processes through individual and team training and procedures.
- Weekly preparation of Systems service availability report for department.
- Monitoring of customer Service Level Agreements, with respect to availability.
- Maintain service level of systems and network by proactive monitoring and performing maintenance of the production environment.
- Define the Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) for the environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Takes a proactive approach to staying informed about industry knowledge.
- Provide technical direction and assistance to junior staff members
Nice to Have
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of enterprise infrastructure related experience
- Excellent interpersonal & leadership skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in administering Windows Server 2012+, Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM and VMware vSphere
- Excellent oral & written communication, people skills, planning, implementation and troubleshooting skills.
- Have effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Be able to carry out multiple assignments
- Be detailed oriented and able to work on own initiative
- Strong knowledge and experience in administering VMware vSan and NSX
- Knowledge and experience with Linux - Redhat preferred
- Knowledge and experience with configuring SAN - Dell/EMC, NetApp
- Knowledge and experience with Dell Avamar
- Knowledge and experience with EMC DataDomain
- Strong knowledge of Citrix
This position requires direct or indirect access to hardware, software, technology or technical data controlled under the Canadian Export Control List, Canadian Controlled Goods Program, the Canadian Industrial Security Program, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be able to meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and be able to obtain NATO Secret security clearance.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. Thales is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Engineering Information Technology