Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Information Security covers the development and management of security strategies, policies and programs to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls Priorities include: mitigating and managing cyber security threats, ensuring systems availability, aligning with global regulatory risk and compliance requirements, managing systems and network complexity, and partnering with businesses for better technology delivery by providing advice on technology controls.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description
The TD Fusion Centre's mission is to provide the Bank with an integrated and consolidated operational hub focused on improving detection and prevention of enterprise threats, predicting new threats, and enabling emergency response driven by a shared view of TD's threat landscape, data requirements and operational priorities across all domains.
As part of TD's Fusion Centre, TD is looking for a Senior Security Engineer/Lab Manager to join the Fusion Automation team. You will provide technical leadership in planning, implementing and supporting the lab environments that enable technology innovations within the global Fusion teams in accordance with TD Fusion Centre's core objectives and priorities.
Reporting to the Fusion Automation team's senior manager, the Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for developing and executing lab strategies that continuously improve the Fusion teams' innovation experience, as well as providing timely end user support and consultation with effective solutions. The Senior Security Engineer will proactively identify trends and potential issues, design and implement solutions that enable new functionalities or improve existing services. We envision a state-of-the-art security lab with the latest technology and infrastructure automation to improve end user productivity, the Senior Security Engineer will help us realize the vision.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Lead in discussions with Protect Fusion partners to identify user requirements and opportunities for improvements
- Document solution recommendations and present to stakeholders
- Coach junior team members with domain expertise and delivery skills
- Design and implement solutions using an agile approach
- Drive the ongoing improvement of agile delivery practices through active participation of retrospective sessions and/or other internal review processes
- Research new technologies and tooling to ensure sound technology directions and decisions
- Provide consultation services to Protect Fusion teams based on areas of expertise
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to other teams or team members
- Represent the team in project meetings and provide accurate status updates
- Adhere to policies, procedures and control standards
- Manage relationships and communications with other teams/functions
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Post-Secondary education in computer science, cybersecurity or related fields
- Success stories in managing IT infrastructure and security technologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Technical leadership experience
- Extensive experience in networking, server, virtualization and storage technologies
- Expertise in infrastructure automation or Infrastructure-as-code for provisioning and management of a hybrid lab infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare and RHEL/Unix
- Detailed understanding and practical experience of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, authentication mechanisms, and networking protocols including SMTP, HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and SNMP
- Sound knowledge of cloud technologies and services, preferably Microsoft Azure experience
- Proficient Python scripting programming skills
- Experience in data center support
- Certification in CISSP or equivalent is a plus
- Experience in cybersecurity incident management or Operations is a plus
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.