Permanent Reference code
:125834 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Do you enjoy collaborating with others to help solve problems? Keep reading! What will your typical day look like?
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
We are looking for an IT Continuity/Disaster Recovery Analyst with a knowledge of IT Continuity/DR planning with experience in managing medium to large environments. Our mission is to deliver services that matter and achieve and sustain operational excellence. You will be at the heart of fulfilling our mission by working closely with our Global, Business, Security Operation and Risk Management teams to develop and execute a comprehensive plan that addresses our IT Continuity/DR, Business Continuity, and Crisis and Emergency Management. The IT Continuity/Disaster Recovery Analyst collaborates across teams to develop and implement plans that anticipate, address, and mitigate the effects of various business interruptions.
About the team
- Partners with IT Continuity, Disaster Recovery & Resilience Leader to develop and maintain IT Continuity/Disaster Recovery plans and procedures. This will include but not limited to reviewing, updating, and expanding plans and protocols.
- Conducts risk assessments for various departments and functions, analyzing potential business impact of unpredictable business interruptions such as natural disasters, security breach, legal claims, and market disruptions.
- Collaborates with IT staff to develop and implement best practices to protect and restore data and systems in the event of natural disasters, viruses, and hackers.
- Identifies and implements recovery operations and methods to allow the company to function at limited or partial capacity in the event that part or all of the infrastructure is damaged or destroyed.
- Collaborates with service owners in the creation and facilitation of practice drills for plan execution.
- Work with multiple teams to analyze and develop detailed plans for the migration of services to alternative hosting locations where applicable. Focus will be on cloud technologies where possible.
- Communicate weekly updates to leadership on status of planning and migration activities.
- Where possible, identify improvements in migration processes and implement automation to reduce time and resources required to complete the tasks.
- Ensure all SLAs for recovery are met.
- Work with the appropriate team members to ensure proper continuity planning and testing has been completed and approved.
- Ensure all change management processes are followed as required.
Deloitte Technology Services works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived.Enough about us, let's talk about you Required:
• Bachelor's Degree
• In-depth knowledge of ServiceNow Platform and Business Continuity Module (BCM)
• Disaster Recovery Experience
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
• In-depth knowledge of cloud vendors and technology, specifically Microsoft Azure
• Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
• Experience in recognizing and handling confidential/sensitive information
• Must demonstrate a professional and prompt responsive attitude toward service delivery and customer service
• Ability to positively participate in an inclusive team culture Preferred:
• ITIL Certification
• In-depth knowledge of replication technologies including both on and off premises, and Microsoft Azure backup
• Knowledge of Veeam backup and replication
• General knowledge of VMware, Microsoft SQL Servers and Oracle ServersTotal Rewards
The salary range for this position is $47,000 - $78,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or email@example.com
for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Developer, Oracle, Database, SQL, Equity, Technology, Finance
Management and Executive