120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
The Business Analysis practice exists at the forefront of change, playing a crucial role in the success of technology delivery initiatives. In working as a Senior Technology Analyst
, you will apply an innovative, industry recognized Business Analysis Practice Framework, which supports Iterative, and Agile approaches to technology development. You will gain exposure to various, and leading edge technologies to support key financial domains, including Retail and Business Banking, and supporting various banking products including everyday banking, lending products, and payment solutions. You will apply various techniques to support perspectives for conducting problem analysis, process analysis, scope analysis, data and rules analysis, and interface analysis as you support teams throughout the requirements management phases including: Product and Project Strategy, Requirements and Product Scoping, and Requirements and Solution Specification Definition.
As the incumbent, you are analytical, thoughtful, thorough, and inquisitive. You enjoy evaluating and solving problems, and are methodical in your approach to understanding the root-causes that need to be addressed. You engage applied, active research techniques, and build models that help to create understanding for yourself and other stakeholders. You enjoy helping your stakeholders to realize value as they evolve their processes and solutions to a future state.MANDATE
The Senior Technology Analyst acts as the requirements management project lead for medium sized projects and collaborates with the business partner to help clarify and formalize the project goals, objectives, and preliminary requirements/product scope. Further, the Senior Technology Analyst will consult with the Business and Technology SMEs to help define the need for new and/or enhanced capabilities, functionality, or optimized business processes and provide advice on the functionality, applicability, and usability of technology solutions to support business requirements.ACCOUNTABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Collaborates with business partners, including senior management, to define business objectives, process and requirements
- Within the context of the project as described in ideation and feasibility phases, leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to refine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives, and to modify the requirements priority and strategy, as required
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
- Aligns to and applies Business Analysis Best Practices to supports Iterative, and Agile approaches to technology development. Regardless of methodology, is accountable for defining approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating business and user requirements and ensure effective impact analysis is conducted with sufficient information captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs, support the decomposition and prioritization of requirements and strategy
- Consults throughout the idea, feasibility and conceptualization phase and drives the delivery phase of requirements
- Supports the remaining product development life cycle and assists in scope clarifications, ensures requirements alignment to solution, maintains requirements E2E traceability and supports the prioritization and management of defects to ensure alignment to business needs and value
- Directs and coordinates requirements project staff and activities to ensure the appropriate level of coordination of work and resources
- Adheres to and ensures that others adhere to the organization's Requirements Management Process to support the organizational governance standards and ensure quality and consistency of deliverables
- Participates in the governance and review processes to ensure compliance to standards and quality as defined by the governance framework
- Ensures all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team and the business to help identify who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
- Participates in the development of strategic and tactical IT plans to help inform future project work of the direction of the business
- Provides coaching, professional guidance, and support to Business Analysts, as required, in order to foster professional development
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma and/or 7 to 10 years progressive business analysis/business systems experience, with a very strong usage of a broad range of business analysis techniques in a variety of project contexts, supporting medium- to large-size projects
- Demonstrates solid business knowledge of the Finance/Banking industry
- Possesses solid business understanding and knowledge of the use of technology and applications in business
- Solid knowledge of project management and system development life cycle
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centred design within the context of the organizational standards
We're here to help
- Demonstrates advanced writing and documentation skills
- Possesses advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Displays solid interviewing and facilitation skills
- Advanced understanding and use of tools associated with the role (e.g. Visio)
- Is able to communicate with varying stakeholders in different situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
- Possesses solid influencing and negotiating skill
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.