Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD IT Architecture
covers TD's overall technology strategy, direction, standards for designing and/or developing an architecture framework including technology architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented across the organization. Architects typically develop and maintain any combination of the following: solution and application architecture, infrastructure environment architecture, technical integration architecture, data strategies and models, security and enterprise architecture.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description
Reporting to a Senior Managing Architect, and as a member of the Corporate Solutions Architecture team, the Solution Architect provides architecture and technology leadership and guidance to project delivery teams as they develop Risk, Finance & TRMIS solutions. The Architect will provide SME level involvement in building out our business aligned initiatives. The Architect provides expertise and counsel; ensuring technology teams and business areas understand the architectural options and technology choices in support of their business. Architects recommend solutions that account for total cost of ownership, risk and leverage (or advance) strategic enterprise assets. Architects are assigned one or more domains of focus in the Corporate Risk and Finance Portfolios and could be drawn into other areas such as APIs, Big Data/Information Excellence, Security, Regulatory, and Business Continuity, and/or Audit. The Solutions Architect will be able to build and maintain consensus in any project and provide executive level documentation for their Sr. Managing Architect. They are required to meet critical path objectives and critique technical documentation in their business area while providing constructive feedback to the project stakeholders. Accountabilities:
• Architectural specialist that works cooperatively and as a leader on highly complex and diverse projects/ issues
• Primary subject matter expert with specialized knowledge related to architecture of multiple TD applications and/or lines of business.
• Foresees architectural issues / gaps and identifies emerging industry trends (i.e. future-focused)
• Influences product direction and integrates technology from an architectural perspective within the business and IT environments
• Oversees project architecture direction on complex, highly-visible architecture projects
• Works with external vendors and service providers as needed to ensure compliance with TD Architectural and Security standards
• Works closely with IT managers and staff to complete projects.
• Provides recommendations on value-added architectural improvements / enhancements.
• Ensure that all projects that are considered architecturally significant are presented properly at the appropriate architecture review boards and any action items received are addressed Requirements
• 4 year degree in computer science or related field required.
• 10+ years' experience in Information Technology
• 5+ years experience as a Solution Architect
- Knowledgeable in banking Risk, Regulatory & Cyber Security Domains
- Proven leadership and organizational awareness skills and desire to contribute to and drive architecture strategy in light of changing technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to document and present complex technology solutions to tech and non-tech stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with all divisions and level in the Bank.
• Diverse work experience within the financial services industry as a Developer, systems designer, IT infrastructure solution designer, and/or IT senior operations manager
• In-depth knowledge of banking security activities such as APIs, Cyber Security, Identity and Access Management, and Security Monitoring/Risk management.
- In depth understanding of SAML, Oauth2, OIDC and other Security Authentication and Authorization protocols
• Research capabilities to find best of breed software, technology and processes.
• Extensive experience with TD infrastructure solutions, technology and application standards, workflow processes, Finance applications and solutions, APIs, security, application development, and currency management plans is an asset Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.