100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Asset Mgmt Sales & Service
Provides telephone, administrative and general client support that enables BMO Asset Management to pursue new business and/or retain existing clients. Follows up on client meetings, answers product questions, provides performance data, identifies new sales opportunities, and helps launch new products. Processes and confirms customer transactions, maintains accounts and research lists, and compiles statistical information. Prepares analytical materials used in client meetings. Includes the analysis, production and distribution of statements. Coordinates administrative activities with internal stakeholders, custodian banks, and resolves administrative and operations problems.
- Works with more senior staff when dealing with complex issues, larger clients, accounts, projects, analyses, or internal relationships.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Completes assigned deliverables with little day-to-day management.
- Manages client requests for information, problem resolution and transaction support.
- Coordinates activities internally and with custodian banks to address client questions and issues
- Provides ongoing reporting as required to senior leaders.
- Identifies new sales opportunities and makes recommendations to sales and/or relationship managers.
- Updates relationship management systems with client contact information.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events and presentations.
- Analyzes, produces and distributes client reports.
- Prepares formal/informal support plans to meet client goals and reach client target audiences.
- Participates in client meetings and conference calls to fulfill ongoing customer needs.
- Creates proposals, presentations and relationship review materials.
- Plans and executes communications as required to meet client and/or team objectives.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- A general understanding of each stage of the investment operations process in order to be able to oversee activities conducted by others (e.g. trade lifecycle, settlements, custody, late trade processes, corporate actions, unit dealing, derivatives and collateral management, etc.).
- 5 - 10 years' relevant work experience within an asset management company or investment bank
- Trade Management experience.
- Hands on experience with Charles River, Bloomberg, OMS (Order Management System)
- Bachelor's degree, CSC (Canadian Securities Course), DFC (Derivatives Fundamentals Course) an asset
- Advanced MS Excel Skills along with other MS applications
- Good knowledge of Funds, Derivatives Management and Custodian knowledge
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians