100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Asset Mgmt Sales & Service
Responsible for operational relationships with investment management delegates; representing the firm and acting as the operational conduit in to the business. This is an oversight function to ensure delegated operational activities are delivered to time, quality and with minimal risk to the business. This will be predominantly managed through telephone and face to face service meetings and email communications. Outsourced Oversight Functions:
Daily Oversight functions:
- Operational oversight of the outsourced investment management operations in line with service level agreement expectations
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner to minimise any potential end investor, risk or financial impact
- Liaise with the Legal and Compliance teams to facilitate effective ART and CRIMS monitoring activities, support audit activity as required and complete investigation and filing of disclosures as per regulations.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new accounts/funds
- Policy & Procedure updates as applicable
- Other activities as assigned
- Oversee and support functions such as security master setup, monitor trade fails, monitor for upcoming corporate actions and liaise with investment team for election decisions, collateral management, cash and holdings reconciliations, pricing oversight for the investment book or record
- Key contact for trade verification related matters between the investment team and outsourcer
- Ensure data required by the investment team is accurately provided on a timely basis
- Develop a strong knowledge of systems, various interfaces and portfolio management data
- A general understanding of each stage of the investment operations process in order to be able to oversee activities conducted by others (e.g. trade lifecycle, settlements, custody, late trade processes, corporate actions, unit dealing, derivatives and collateral management, etc.).
- 5 - 10 years' relevant work experience within an asset management company or investment bank
- Hands on experience with Charles River, Bloomberg, OMS (Order Management System)
- Bachelor's degree, CSC (Canadian Securities Course), DFC (Derivatives Fundamentals Course) an asset
- Advanced MS Excel Skills alongwith other MS applications
- Good knowledge of Funds, Derivatives Management and Custodian knowledge
- Comfort working with ambiguous problems
- Team player / Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Investigative by nature
- Proactive with an attention to detail
Autocallable Notes / Interest rate Swaps / Inflation Swaps / Swaptions / Total Return Swaps / Options / Credit Default Swaps / Contract for Difference and Portfolio Swap / Repos / Forwards / Equities / Fixed IncomeWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians