3 King Street South
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Assesses individual client investment needs to provides professional, customized investment-related advice, sales and service. Builds client trust, educating them on investment strategies, associated risks, and performance expectations that help them achieve their financial goals. Develops and retains long-term client relationships and delivers an exceptional client experience. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups.
We're here to help
- Directly impacts the achievement of business unit objectives for number of clients and assets under management.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Develops business with clients / prospects using proactive selling and marketing techniques (e.g. telemarketing, networking, seminars, community involvement).
- Uses professional judgment to develop and recommend investment strategies for client to achieve financial goals.
- Explains and executes investment concepts, portfolio construction and management, and other wealth management strategies.
- Supports branch or team business objectives by identifying opportunities that optimize profitability, increase share of wallet, and improve customer loyalty.
- Identifies gaps, issues, and best practices by monitoring of sales and service performance against plans.
- Supports the development and execution of the business strategy and business planning activities.
- Fulfills client sales and service activities in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Escalates complex or unresolved client situations.
- Manages databases and provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Maintains the confidentiality of client and Bank information.
- Adheres to internal risk mitigation policies and industry rules/regulations.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 10 years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Canadian Securities Course & Conduct and Practices Handbook.
- Registration as Registered Representative (RR).
- Complies with mandatory IDA Continuing Education Program requirements.
- Professional Financial Planning (PFP) must be completed prior to 30th month of RR license.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing