GREATER TORONTO / HAMILTON AREAWSP
is currently seeking a Structural Engineer
to join our Buildings group
, located at our Hamiltonoffice.
Our Structural team is directly involved with a multitude of different project types, ranging from traditional commercial & industrial buildings, through to specialty buildings in the Rail and Transportation and Energy and Resource sectors. The team thrives by working collaboratively.
If you are keen to take on some of the most exciting projects and to be part of a winning international team; you will get to work and display your skill with colleagues on a local, national and international stage.
#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Design of new building structures as well as structural alterations, renovations, and additions to existing buildings;
- Preparation of structural integrity and assessment reports;
- Design and detailing of structure including calculations and computer modeling, for steel, concrete, masonry and timber structures;
- Manage and Coordinate projects with clients and other disciplines;
- Collaborate with Senior engineers and drafting personnel to assemble structural drawings;
- Respond to Client Request for Proposals;
- Perform site reviews and construction administration services during the construction phase;
- Coordinate with Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical drawings and attend coordination meetings;
- Planning and management of projects
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering;
- Post-graduation degree will be considered as an asset;
- Registered Professional Engineer with the PEO;
- Excellent knowledge of structural theory, the National Building Code of Canada, Ontario Building Code and Canadian design standards (concrete, structural steel, wood, masonry);
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and design software such as ETABS, SAP 2000, S-FRAME, and SAFE;
- 5-10 years of experience in structural design of buildings;
- Demonstrated Project Management experience;
- Suitable experience in the design of new and renovation projects for a variety of project types including Institutional (schools, data centres, prisons), Commercial (offices, retail stores, retail petroleum facilities), Residential (low-rise multi-family), Transportation (maintenance facilities, transit facilities), Health Care (hospitals, laboratories), and Light Industrial is required;
- Seismic analysis and design experience an asset;
- Should have general working knowledge of other building disciplines;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Experience in structural design or construction; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.