Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Senior or Intermediate Software Development Engineer
Fortinet is growing and we are looking to hire a Senior or Intermediate Software Development Engineer to join our team in Ottawa.
Job Skills Required
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experienced C/C++ programmer
• Experience of script programming, such as perl, python, java script, and PHP, a bonus
• Solid background in TCP/IP networking and multi-threaded programming
• Experience with email related protocols, such as SMTP, POP3 and IMAP, an asset
• Knowledge of Linux kernel and Linux security applications a bonus
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong attention to detail and timelines
• Able to work independently
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.