MDA Halifax has worked closely with DND over the past 20 years to build and maintain and evolve Naval Operations Software Solutions (NOSS) for the Royal Canadian Navy, the work is performed at CFB Halifax Dockyard Headquarters. There is an embedded MDA team at DND which requires a new team member. If you are looking to become part of a tight knit community helping to support operational requirements for DND this is the position for you.
We are looking for highly motivated and capable Intermediate Developer for our Vancouver, BC office (Relocation will be provided). This position will allow the candidate to gain experience in the field of Operational Military Command and Control and Maritime Security Systems. The candidate will be joining a well-established team, working closely with the operational support team at DND to provide critical support tools to our DND customer. The work flow and processes for taking code from software development through to production is well established and clear to follow. Responsibilities
Intermediate Programmer for NOSS to be performed at CFB Halifax Dockyard Headquarters.
- Create and modify code and software.
- Create and modify screens and reports.
- Design methods and procedures for small computer systems, and sub-system of larger systems.
- Develop, test and implement small computer systems, and sub-systems of larger systems.
- Produce forms, manuals, programs, data files, and procedures for systems and/or applications.
- Write code to write to and read from a database.
- Unit test the code prior to releasing it for integration testing.
- Monitor the need for design changes as the project progresses.
- Develop test plans for testing the system.
- Minimum of 2 years&rsquo experience in the last 5 years creating and modifying code and developing and maintaining software
- Must have minimum of 2 years&rsquo experience programming in some combination of Java, C# or C++ development
- Experience with SQL
- Good knowledge of object-oriented software design
- Experience with structured unit testing and regression testing
- Good software development experience, from detailed design through test and deployment
- Effective communication, both verbally and written
- Computer Science, Computer/ Engineering degree from a recognized university
- Experience with Docker, Kafka, Apache Camel, Mocking Libraries, Avro, MongoDB/NOSQL, SQL DB concepts, Redis, AI/Machine Learning, Microservices
- Experience with Subversion and/or GitLab
- Experience with geospatial projects
- Familiarity with DevOps, Test Driven Development and Agile processes
Candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain Level II Security Clearance. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019