Permanent Reference code
:124968 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Would you like to further develop your career with our exponentially expanding Financial Advisory Service, Modelling and Value Advisory group? Are you up for the challenge to help the most sophisticated Canadian and international clients to solve their quantitative and modelling issues?What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
As a Leader focusing on Insurance practice in our Financial Engineering & Modelling team, you will:
- Be entrepreneurial and grow the business nationally
- Lead RFPs and other business development initiatives
- Oversee model validation and model risk management engagements at insurance companies
- Ensure the highest quality of deliverables for insurance companies
- Lead and mentor a team of analysts, associates, managers and senior managers
- Develop and strengthen relationships with clients
While this role primarily focuses on insurance modeling, it is a very dynamic opportunity to collaborate closely with experts in other areas (credit risk, market risk, treasury, AML, valuation, GIPS, AI/ML, etc.).About the team
The Financial Engineering & Modelling, Financial Advisory team is composed of a wide range of subject matter experts from Quantitative Finance backgrounds working with all manner of modeling types. We have the leading quantitative practice in the Canadian market and cover models including market risk, credit risk, fraud, AML, insurance, treasury and machine learning. Our team members have advanced degrees in mathematics, financial engineering, statistics, physics and actuarial science.
Working with this team will offer you the opportunity to:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Work in a fast-paced and thought-provoking environment with like-minded people
- Exposure to high-profile clients including banks, insurance firms, funds, credit unions through a variety of engagements
- Exposure to the most advance modeling techniques used in the financial services industry
You are someone who is/has:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as actuarial science, statistics, and mathematical finance, FSA with a minimum of 12 years of experience
- Ability to lead a team and develop strong relationships with clients
- Ability to explain complex actuarial and financial modeling techniques in a simple and concise way
- Strong technical skills including AXIS, Excel, VBA, Python would be an asset but not required
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Financial, Accounting, Developer, Engineering Manager, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering
Banking, Finance and Insurance